Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mayo V Dunk

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ever had one of those moments where you speak to someone famous thinking you know them? Okay, famous might be a stretch when it comes to Kerry Mayo but I did exactly that once on Church Road circa 1999 and we were chatting about football for about fifteen minutes.

I also remember seeing him with the fans in the social club at Villa away in the cup. Great guy.

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Kerry is and always has been a very nice man. That's all I have to say.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kerry Mayo husband of Kerry Mayo and Gary Hart both proper legends. I'd vote Dunk at this stage though especially having stayed here despite obvious interest from elsewhere.

Stick Murray and Zamora in along with probably Dutch Marine and one/both of our recent flair right backs and you have most of a team from the past 30 years or so. Cox and some boring but solid midfielders would have a shout too to finish it off.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
They are both very similar except that one of them is good at football.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Top trivia for a quiz night - Brighton never lost a game that Kerry Mayo scored an own goal in, which of course includes THAT game at Hereford!

Three times, I believe.

Hereford 1-1

Sheff Utd at Bramhall Lane 1-2 to Brighton

I can’t remember the third one but I think it was at Withdean.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Three times, I believe.

Hereford 1-1

Sheff Utd at Bramhall Lane 1-2 to Brighton

I can’t remember the third one but I think it was at Withdean.
Was the 1-2 at Bramhall Lane the game where Leon Knight scored in the last minute? The ball basically trickling over the line....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Legends for very different reasons, Kerry as he was, as you say, a loyal club man through the dark days and Dunk a footballing genius, played for England and one of the best CBs in the best league in the World.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
The Ginger Prince was decent enough for where we were, but looked a much better player under Coppell.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was the 1-2 at Bramhall Lane the game where Leon Knight scored in the last minute? The ball basically trickling over the line....

That was the end of the first half in added on time, and McCammon score in the last minute of full time, where Knight pushed him over the barrier as he was celebrating in front of us. Of course, Kerry scored an own goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here