Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Maya Forstater

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
I find it disturbing that this Woman has lost her job for being honest and telling truths. I see JK Rowling has tweeted her support. Good on her I think this is a case that needs highlighting.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Anti-social Media claims another job.

Stick to using it as an easy way to message friends and as a mechanism to show the world what your dinner/holiday looks like and you won't go far wrong.

Tweets cost jobs. Treat Twitter as 'read only'.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
I know this is probably not going to happen, but it is worth reading the judgement before jumping to any conclusions and rushing on to social media to take part in one of the most poisonous 'debates' currenty available on the internet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12P9zf82TicPs2cCxlTnm0TrNFDD8Gaz5/view

I found it carefully thought through and genuinely illuminating.

Once again it is worth saying that 'freedoem of speech' does not equal freedom from any consequences of that speech.

Maya said/did something stupid, found herself in a hole and went out and got herself an industrial excavator.

I suspect her case was NEVER going to win (claiming unfair dismissal when you were a consultant, who did not have a contract renewed after saying something publicly that the organization you were contracted to strongy disagreed with...), but she has correctly calculated that it will make her a martyr and that will bring opportunity.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
I know this is probably not going to happen, but it is worth reading the judgement before jumping to any conclusions and rushing on to social media to take part in one of the most poisonous 'debates' currenty available on the internet.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/12P9zf82TicPs2cCxlTnm0TrNFDD8Gaz5/view

I found it carefully thought through and genuinely illuminating.

Once again it is worth saying that 'freedoem of speech' does not equal freedom from any consequences of that speech.

Maya said/did something stupid, found herself in a hole and went out and got herself an industrial excavator.

I suspect her case was NEVER going to win (claiming unfair dismissal when you were a consultant, who did not have a contract renewed after saying something publicly that the organization you were contracted to strongy disagreed with...), but she has correctly calculated that it will make her a martyr and that will bring opportunity.

I think it is a fascinating debate. Parts of the discussion may be heated and abusive, but there are a number of fundamental issues that need wider discussion.
I am surprised no one has popped up to say, what a waste of public money, yet. Some legal cases and I would suggest this was one of them, are not about who won and who lost, but about the interpretation of the law as it currently stands. For this reason the judgement is important for both sides in the debate.

Legal precedent now exists for a number of key points raised, which is a clear indicator for how similar points will be dealt with in future cases. It also gives clearer grounds to those, who believe that the current legislation is fundamentally flawed, the opportunity to amend the act(s) against which this judgement is made.

It also interesting to see how some feminists react to being portrayed as the oppressors, rather than the oppressed, which is not to pass judgement ,but more a reflection on some of the language used.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Anyone else think this was a new signing rumour?

Initially, yes. Then I saw the rumour hadn't been started by [MENTION=435]Stat Brother[/MENTION] so I gave it no credence. The lack of WAG photo was all the confirmation I needed.

Sorry to engage in detailment of a serious thread.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I wouldn't have it for a starter, possibly as dessert.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here