Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Maupay’s yelllow...

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Meh. Thought the ref was excellent, and not the first time at that. Every time I see "oh, its Seinfeld reffing", I know it will be a game with decent flow, good advantages and generally good decisions. No idea who the guy is but I think he's my favorite ref in the PL.

Agreed he let a lot go, but felt it was mainly when playing advantage for Spurs.

Thought the elbow on Connolly should have been a yellow, there was no advantage for us, so he just decided to ignore it.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Seemed a strange one... Ref gave foul and clearly wasn’t giving anything else it seemed. Their player injured. Then seems to go all Mike dean and change his mind - pointed to his ear to Dunk - but VAR isn’t for yellows as Dunky clearly told him? Not the first time I think refs have changed / broken the rules...

Yes and when he rolled the ball to Spurs enabling them to take a quick free-kick.

They are supposed to touch the ball if it benefits a team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I thought the ref had an excellent game and Maupay's yellow was deserved.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Pretty fair yellow I thought. Maupay stepped on both his ankles in that attempt to get the ball. But as pointed out it did seem strange that he initially wasnt going to give the card and then changed his mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here