Shopping at via this link helps to support NSC

[Football] Matterface on ITV or Mowbray on BBC

Welcome to North Stand Chat - the biggest and best Brighton & Hove Albion fan site.

Go on - join - you know you want to! (Pssst: you'll get fewer ads too!)

BBC or ITV

• ITV

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • BBC

Votes: 115 99.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Guy Mowbray is a fantastic commentator and hopefully he'll write himself into English folklore, ala Wolstenholme.

Simster

Members
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
If we do win, the only interest in ITV that I will have is what utterly laughable desperate, trying too hard drivel it is that Matterface will come out with.

nickbrighton

Members
Feb 19, 2016
assuming both this poll and the other one are fairly indicative of the wider population, then the figures are going to be something like 27 000 000 watching BBC and about 3 000 000 watching ITV (If that)

cant wait for the ITV spin on it when the numbers are reported.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
ITV:

Sam Matterface - ' And there's the final whistle, England are champions of Europe and we'll be right back after this short break'.

Is there really any contest?

jcdenton08

PROD with the PROD
Oct 17, 2008
No brainer. Always the BBC on these big occasions. They have some poor choices of talent (can't stand Robbie Savage for example) but they are still the best around for football coverage. Sam Matterface being unbearable is a large part of it too.

Adders1

Members
Jan 14, 2013
ITV:

Sam Matterface - ' And there's the final whistle, England are champions of Europe and we'll be right back after this short break'.

Is there really any contest?

Whichever channel does not employ Peter Drury and Jim Beglin gets my vote on principle

Codner's Wallop

Members
Sep 11, 2013
I’m usually fairly nonchalant about ‘who’s good, who’s ain’t’ when it come to commentators, but I have found Matterface intensely annoying at these championships. He reminds me of Gregggggggggg Wallace - that ridiculous faux ‘I’m like your best mate and say it how it is’. Sounds very irritating and disingenuous and he talks way too much, usually in cliche….BBC ANY DAY….but yes love Ian Wright too.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
100% of the 55 votes cast so far have been for the BBC. I hope someone from ITV does a trawl through for general fan feedback and discovers this vote of absolute zero confidence.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills