Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Matt O Riley

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Richard Tiltman has to be the worst, Barry Lloyds replacement for Dean Saunders.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Came through the Fulham academy and will count as HG.

Interestingly it looks like they rejected him at u21 level as he went 6 months without a club, then signed for MK Dons.
He refused a contract, as he wanted to play first team football, as I discovered here

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Was tempted to say Henrik Larsson but don’t remember him doing that great at was it United? Didn’t watch much PL in those days. More L1
He moved a lot further South of the border from Celtic, he went to Barcelona.

Jul 7, 2003
He couldn’t do anything well. Definition of useless.

There are some strong contenders for what could be called The Mark Farrington Trophy.
I always feel this is a little unfair on Farrington and also Tiltman as they were both playing at what is now Championship level.

Although they struggled at that level, when you compare them to some of the people (I refuse to describe them as players) who were in our team during the gory years they were much better quality.

Reactions: cjd

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I always feel this is a little unfair on Farrington and also Tiltman as they were both playing at what is now Championship level.

Although they struggled at that level, when you compare them to some of the people (I refuse to describe them as players) who were in our team during the gory years they were much better quality.
Farrington was stepping into Mike Small’s shoes after an amazing season.
Maybe expectations were too high especially as he cost a few quid.
He was pretty bad though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here