Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mathew Briggs

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
@TransferTweeter: #FulhamFc defender Matt Briggs is in talks with Brighton over a season-long loan #FFC #BHAFC

Discuss

Also @TransferTweeter: Brighton are interested in loaning Chelsea's young midfielder Josh McEachran #BHAFC #CFC

Discuss further

http://www.football-rumours.co.uk/brighton-rumours.php
:lolol: THIS is proof that this^ site is bullshit.

25 Jul 2013 19:30:21
Have heard from a mate who works for Fulham that Matt Briggs is in talks with Brighton over a season-long loan move. He impressed in the Championship at Watford last year but still isn't near the first team at Craven Cottage.
@NSCbrightonrock

I posted this today. To prove a point, that ANYONE on that piece of bullsh!t rumours site can make something up. And lo and behold within 5 hours, it's on twitter and there's a 3 page thread on here. Can this thread die now?

shaunslats

Mar 6, 2013
Magrathea

Have heard from a mate who works for Fulham that Matt Briggs is in talks with Brighton over a season-long loan move. He impressed in the Championship at Watford last year but still isn't near the first team at Craven Cottage.
@NSCbrightonrock

I posted this today. To prove a point, that ANYONE on that piece of bullsh!t rumours site can make something up. And lo and behold within 5 hours, it's on twitter and there's a 3 page thread on here. Can this thread die now?

fair play to you sir, I was merely quoting a twitter account...

:shootself

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

@NSCbrightonrock

I'm confused...

Football rumours is a site that relies on people sending their football rumours to them and yet you send a false rumour on the basis it is made up to prove what?

I may be a bit dumb but aren't you sort of wasting your own time sending a false rumour to them just to prove a point?

I wouldn't be pissed that the website published the rumour- I'd be more pissed with you?!?!?

I'm confused...

Football rumours is a site that relies on people sending their football rumours to them and yet you send a false rumour on the basis it is made up to prove what?

I may be a bit dumb but aren't you sort of wasting your own time sending a false rumour to them just to prove a point?

I wouldn't be pissed that the website published the rumour- I'd be more pissed with you?!?!?

His point is that any old muggins can post a load of bollocks on there - and some people (both on here and on Twitter) treat it as if there's substance behind it. There probably isn't - it's probably a spotty 14-year old getting all excited that people on NSC are talking about something he made up.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Do we? Who are they?

Chicken seems promising. Please don't say Maximenko. Dreadful at left back in the Whitehawk game. Not 'having on off day' dreadful. 'Utterly incapable of controlling a football' dreadful.

Maksimenko played at Crawley and looked solid, in fact he was far better than Chicksen. I'd have no worries about having just the two of them for the season

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Matthew Briggss IS a left back and would eb a decent premiership player. Would certianly do the job. Sign him up!

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Pob03.jpg

gaz63

May 3, 2013
Briggs won few admirers at Watford.

His lack of effort, coupled with a huge concentration problem made him a massive liability at the back (either at centre half or wing back).

I reckon he's far more suited to left wing, where he's actually pretty handy

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I love how fans can write off a player like McEachran as someone destined to find his level in League One when, as Brighton fans, they will have, at most, seen him player three or four times. Ever.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I love how fans can write off a player like McEachran as someone destined to find his level in League One when, as Brighton fans, they will have, at most, seen him player three or four times. Ever.

If he had showed anything he would be in the first team squad and not sent out on loan everywhere where he struggles to get a game even at Championship level

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Agreed... Plus, we're experts at bringing players in on loan, getting them adjusted to us and then signing them permanently. Definitely wouldn't turn down Briggs on a permanent...

Hang on, hang on, we haven't even signed Briggs on loan yet!. Very few of us have even seen him play.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Maksimenko played at Crawley and looked solid, in fact he was far better than Chicksen. I'd have no worries about having just the two of them for the season

I bloody would!. Both of therm are unproved at Championship level, and Maksimenko hasn't even started a Football League game yet. Because he 'looked solid' in one meaningless pre-season friendly how can you make that assumption?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here