Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] “Mate are” Usyk vs Daniel “Blanche” Dubois

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Any marks here willing to admit they’ve plonked down £20 for this?

Seen as high as 14-1 for Dubois win. My guess is Usyk stoppage in the second round.

But I said the same with Joshua vs Ruiz and those odds were even longer…

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Not for me Clive. Off up the wooden hill to Bedfordshire soon. Nearly as bad as watching YouTubers “box”.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Dubois getting his tactics right so far, still expecting Usyk by mid-late KO.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Wow replays show it was not a low blow. That should be given to Dubois as a genuine knockdown. Usyk would've unlikely made the 10 count as well.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
That was not a low blow, it’s on the belt line not the bollocks.

Usyk being protected by corrupt officiating, dreadful, the referee was basically his corner man there DEMANDING he took the full 5 minutes.
Yep, typical boxing. that's very unfair on Dubois.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
No chance Usyk would have made the ten count there and survived the round, should have been a KO, can’t believe the referee was actively encouraging a fighter who was ready to continue to take the full 5 minutes, not sure I’ve ever seen that… encourage yes, but he basically demanded and wouldn’t resume the fight.

Seeing this fight makes the Fury Usky fight more interesting, Fury would pummel him with body shots

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Usky looks really ragged at times in this fight, feel for Dubois that’s a career changing moment taken away from him by a split second refereeing decision.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Fury will love this, I doubt he ducks him now, Usyk looks off. If only Dubois was smarter fighter he would be hunting Usyk body.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would say Muhammad Ali survived similer body punches in the rumble in the jungle with out going down in that fight.
Boxing is corrupt today, with many fighters testing positive for drugs.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Ive watched this back today and listened to various commentators give their views about it.
It seems that this is quite subjective and what is classed as a low blow depends a lot on high a boxers shorts are and the judgement of the referee in the moment. Some boxers have their shorts very high, Usyk tends to have his shorts low and you can at times see his belly button above the line of the shorts. Many are saying that anything below the belly button is usually classed as a low blow.
Once the referee has made that initial assessment (which he is doing in the moment based on his view of it and without the benefit of replays and slow motion), and has ruled it a low blow, then Usyk is rightfully allowed up to 5 minutes to recover. That is the rule and Usyk has done nothing wrong here, he could see the referee give him a time out and who knows if he would had got up within the count if the referee had deemed it a genuine knockdown.
For me you have to accept this sort of thing in boxing and other sports, true champions take borderline decisions on the chin and get on with it. Dubois had an opportunity to capitalise on the success he was having and didnt take it. In the end he was comprehensively beaten and knocked out by the better boxer and didn't show a great deal of punch resistance against a fighter who is not known for his power at heavyweight.
I think if the fight has gone to points, and he lost narrowly, then he may have had a case for being treated unfairly but the low blow controversy has deflected from the fact that in the end Usyk beat him up. Dubois will always have a punchers chance but I don't believe he has shown anything in this fight or previous fights to suggest that he is up there with the very best in the division.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here