Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match experience last night?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sounded great on the stream. You realise how many bits the canned sound misses out on, like little sarcastic groans and abuse at fouls and so on.

Laughing at consecutive awful slices by Saints, only for March to do exactly the same a few seconds later to ironic cheers...........[emoji23][emoji23]

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Being spread out was the worst bit TBH, not being able to sit next to my son and chat easily wasn't great and and I saw the stewards moving a couple of young kids away from their parents which felt heavy handed.

The Millwall v Reading match tonight on TV the Millwall fans absolutely no social distancing everyone was in little groups, stewards no where to be seen, it's that sort of flagrant behaviour from these thick as s**t t***s that will be a problem for us all

Bit harsh. EFL rules allow those in family bubbles to sit together if the club want to allow it........

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
When Vestergaard stole a ball from an unsuspecting Brighton player in the first half someone near me shouted questioning how anyone could not see someone that big approaching. That was one thing that was different with the experience last night: the players and officials must have heard the insults thrown at them far more than usual.

Yes, it was great to have a go at the lino knowing that he would have certainly heard it - not that it made much difference, mind.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I thought it was ok, atmosphere as expected, a little sterile with the restrictions but at least we were in the stadium.
On the plus side it was the easiest I’ve ever got in or out of any stadium, no queues and I left the ground on the final whistle and was back home in Pease Pottage at 10.10 having parked in Bennett’s Field.........fantastic !

The red pepper kid

Dec 30, 2014
Brill to be back -- shame ive got a long wait for my next turn - 19000 to be precise - oh I do hope Brighton becomes tier 1 - with 4000 in the amex - atmosphere will be even better and my turn will come sooner
Did feel weird without the usual hustle bustle and general excitement before the game , I hadn't considered the players hearing every comment made to them

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Brill to be back -- shame ive got a long wait for my next turn - 19000 to be precise - oh I do hope Brighton becomes tier 1 - with 4000 in the amex - atmosphere will be even better and my turn will come sooner
Did feel weird without the usual hustle bustle and general excitement before the game , I hadn't considered the players hearing every comment made to them

There are no turns. You have as much chance as anyone else of being PW1 for the rest of the season.

matski_98

Apr 16, 2012
Were the new scanners on the turnstiles for Google Pay working OK?

I used Apple Wallet and it was a bit slow compared to Apple Pay in the shops but seemed to work ok. Would be interesting to see how it holds up with 1000s of people going through turnstiles when things return to normal.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I used Apple Wallet and it was a bit slow compared to Apple Pay in the shops but seemed to work ok. Would be interesting to see how it holds up with 1000s of people going through turnstiles when things return to normal.

As have said already.
Previously the ticket QR code on my phone has always worked, as it did again on Monday.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The whole thing was well planned out and well executed by the club.

That said the whole experience was incredibly discombobulating.

My evening was:-

Leave home - 18:30 (a least 90 minutes later than 'normal')
Get held up by the A27 closed at Broadwater.
Leave BW at about 19:10.
Feel anxious about being late.
See stadium for the first time 19:30
Arrive at Stadium 19:31 :ohmy:
Reversed in parking space in Bennett's, as instructed.

Tickets and ID took a few seconds.
QR Code read from phone screen, no need for paper copy
In for pie and fizzy pop, just as warm up was ending.

THE CLUB MUST PUT GOSBTS WORDS BACK UP FOR MONTAGE.

Most of us missed the start as it seemed like the volume was down.

Home in the further reaches of B(w)est Sussex 34 minutes after final whistle.

hi Stat - Any tips re parking in Bennett's Field? I'm parking there for the first (and probably only) time. Is leaving Worthing an hour before kick-off plenty of time to get there and get a reasonable space?

All the questions seem a bit obvious but we're all used to going to games with 25,000+ attendance, not 2,000

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
hi Stat - Any tips re parking in Bennett's Field? I'm parking there for the first (and probably only) time. Is leaving Worthing an hour before kick-off plenty of time to get there and get a reasonable space?

Roads were stuffed around Worthing for the Saints game - a motorcyclist had been knocked off on the A24 in Findon Valley, and there was an accident at Grove Lodge on the A27.

However, we left Findon just after 18:30, going via Storrington to reach the A27 at Shoreham and got to the Amex around 19:00.

You could leave later but if you hit any issues then you might be cutting it fine.

We parked in The Bridge, but I'm sure BF is the same: the later you get there, the further back you'll be and the longer it may take to get out. That said, with such a small crowd in attendance, it should be much, much quicker than the good old days.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

All the questions seem a bit obvious but we're all used to going to games with 25,000+ attendance, not 2,000

As said I just drove in at 19:30, didn't stop.

I thought it odd the stewards insisted I reverse into the bay 'seems a little excessive', but we all just drove out at the final whistle.

You'll never want more than 2,000 fans at the AMEX ever again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here