Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Match day thread England vs Croatia

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Did anyone go or know anyone who went?? Were masks compulsary in all settings inside the ground as per the last EPL games or have the measures been relaxed for these fixtures?

depends which block. Have some mates who drunkenly jumped and shouted around like covid was never invented. Apparently pretty relaxed around them but the next block over was being policed.

Plenty of fun to be had if you are going is the message but bit of luck of the draw.

If you get in a block with plenty of decent lads then chances are they will leave you alone to be a football fan

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Did anyone go or know anyone who went?? Were masks compulsary in all settings inside the ground as per the last EPL games or have the measures been relaxed for these fixtures?

I put my experience on here somewhere. I'd say in the concourse no-one was wearing masks. But most people were 'eating or drinking' - was a bit lively though.

In the stands, UEFA stadium rules said masks do not need to be worn in seats, however Wembley guidance seemed to contradict this. Some reports of over officious stewards, but largely for Wembley I thought the stewards were very relaxed

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I put my experience on here somewhere. I'd say in the concourse no-one was wearing masks. But most people were 'eating or drinking' - was a bit lively though.

In the stands, UEFA stadium rules said masks do not need to be worn in seats, however Wembley guidance seemed to contradict this. Some reports of over officious stewards, but largely for Wembley I thought the stewards were very relaxed

I think in effect UEFA takes ownership of the stadium for the duration of games played there so would expect UEFA rules to trump Wembley guidance. I wondered why so few had masks on inside the bowl. Looking at the pictures there did seem to be an alarming lack of social distancing, particularly when the goal went in.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Looking at the pictures there did seem to be an alarming lack of social distancing, particularly when the goal went in.

My understanding (although I may be mistaken) is that everybody there had provided proof of a negative Covid test.

At some point we absolutely have to start getting back to normal. I don’t see 16’000 uninfected people in a 90’000 seater stadium as a problem.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I think in effect UEFA takes ownership of the stadium for the duration of games played there so would expect UEFA rules to trump Wembley guidance. I wondered why so few had masks on inside the bowl. Looking at the pictures there did seem to be an alarming lack of social distancing, particularly when the goal went in.

Bound to be very little social distancing going on at these events. By definition, I suspect anyone going to big crowd events at the moment are clearly on the 'not concerned' end of the anxiety scale. Anyone who's still very cautious will be steering clear of such events. I wouldn't go near one personally, even if I was given a ticket, but each to their own I suppose.

At some point we clearly have to get back to some sort of 'normality'. It's nice to see people enjoying themselves too, and crowds make football, simple as that. I just hope these test events don't turn out to be 'super spreader' events.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Bound to be very little social distancing going on at these events. By definition, I suspect anyone going to big crowd events at the moment are clearly on the 'not concerned' end of the anxiety scale. Anyone who's still very cautious will be steering clear of such events. I wouldn't go near one personally, even if I was given a ticket, but each to their own I suppose.

At some point we clearly have to get back to some sort of 'normality'. It's nice to see people enjoying themselves too, and crowds make football, simple as that. I just hope these test events don't turn out to be 'super spreader' events.

Even in the Governments own UK test events - they saw 15 positive tests in the 2 weeks after from those that attended out of 11,000 people.

Everyone is asked to take and report using a lateral flow test and you need confirmation to get into Wembley for the Euros so it will be interesting to see. I've been taking lateral flow tests every 3 days given the number of games I am attending so people should not be to concerned as long as they sensible (in my opinion)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here