Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mark Eitzel playing The Palmeira tonight

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
anyone else going?

personally consider him to be one of the greatest singer songwriters of all time and find him playing to 100 or so people in a pub frankly ridiculous, not that I'm complaining

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
The Palmeira used to be my local when I lived in Hove about 4 years ago. It had become a bit of a dump. It always had potential just from its location – so good to see it’s getting some of its mojo back.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Always liked the American Music Club, as you say a brilliant songwriter, I wonder if he does any of the old stuff?

Jun 18, 2011
tunbridge wells
I saw him play the reading festival in 1994. He was singing, suddenly put his guitar down, started bawling his eyes out and ran off stage. Odd :cry:

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
He collaborated on a musical set in a B&B in Brigthton for the festival a couple of years ago, it was on at the Old Market and had Arthur Darvill (Rory from Dr Who) in it so maybe he likes Brighton? I'm also a big American Music Club fan.

Re: Reading 1994 wasn't that Lou Barlow from Sebadoh ? ???

Last edited:

rosscrudos

Mar 17, 2008
saw him at the railway inn in Winchester a few years back, he was excellent, although his between song banter was a bit odd! AMC were a fantastic band

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here