Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Mark Chapman

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Good to see him back on MoTD tonight.

His wife passed away a few months ago following a long illness, aged only 44 I believe, leaving him and 3 children.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Good to see him back on MoTD tonight.

His wife passed away a few months ago following a long illness, aged only 44 I believe, leaving him and 3 children.

I can’t think of a tougher kind of job to go back to than such a public facing one as his after such a personal tragedy. There was a lovely and very emotional exchange between Chappers and a 5 Live commentator last Monday.

As a mere unaffected listener, it choked me up, it really did. How he kept his composure and pointed out that the night was about football and not his personal life I do not know. Me and my wife row like children at times, but my god I’d be absolutely lost without her and the concept of bringing our children up alone is frightening. I honestly don’t know how I’d do it.

He seems a decent bloke and a consummate professional. I wish him all the love and luck in the world.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I can’t think of a tougher kind of job to go back to than such a public facing one as his after such a personal tragedy. There was a lovely and very emotional exchange between Chappers and a 5 Live commentator last Monday.

[tweet]1282789409449017346[/tweet]

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

As a mere unaffected listener, it choked me up, it really did. How he kept his composure and pointed out that the night was about football and not his personal life I do not know. Me and my wife row like children at times, but my god I’d be absolutely lost without her and the concept of bringing our children up alone is frightening. I honestly don’t know how I’d do it.

He seems a decent bloke and a consummate professional. I wish him all the love and luck in the world.

He is a very decent bloke, and although nobody deserves what has happened to him, he deserves it less than most.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
My favourite sports presenter.
Only read about his wife yesterday- Such sad news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Chappers is just a consummate pro. I've also just caught up with this. RIP, and welcome back, let's hope your work proves a suitable distraction for you, as it does for us.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I have always liked Chappers, from when he was on Radio 1 with Chris Moyles.

I think he would refresh MOTD as I think it needs a refresh as Gary is a bit tiresome.

Soccer AM should be taken off the air it was funny around season 209-2011 but then it just got tiresome of the same repetitive jokes and stupidity.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
...then it just got tiresome of the same repetitive jokes and stupidity.

Steady on now. Reckless talk like that could spell the end for me and [MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION].

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I have always liked Chappers, from when he was on Radio 1 with Chris Moyles.

I think he would refresh MOTD as I think it needs a refresh as Gary is a bit tiresome.

Soccer AM should be taken off the air it was funny around season 209-2011 but then it just got tiresome of the same repetitive jokes and stupidity.

Personally think Chappers would be a great successor to Stelling when he hangs up his boots from Soccer Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here