Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Marcelo Bielsa - is he the Messiah

Is Bielsa the Messiah

• Total voters

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I thought yesterday showed the limitations of that squad rather than of Bielsa. There isn’t really anyone of actual quality in that Leeds side so when it doesn’t all click it looks bang average at best. When it does, they’ve looked like world beaters at times year.

Ultimately, and perhaps most pleasingly, it looks like Leeds are a long way off from being stable beyond Bielsa. He’s renowned for being volatile and plodding off into the sunset when he doesn’t fancy it anymore, and when that happens, they will be lumbered with a bunch of Championship players who no longer have the motivation to play above their skill level. Bring that day on.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
^ Either that or Bielsa’s knees finally give out and he’s forced to retire. Haemorrhoids of a prolapsed rectum surely another potential health risk from all that squatting. Delivery of adult nappies to Elland Road? ???

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
I thought yesterday showed the limitations of that squad rather than of Bielsa. There isn’t really anyone of actual quality in that Leeds side so when it doesn’t all click it looks bang average at best. When it does, they’ve looked like world beaters at times year.

Ultimately, and perhaps most pleasingly, it looks like Leeds are a long way off from being stable beyond Bielsa. He’s renowned for being volatile and plodding off into the sunset when he doesn’t fancy it anymore, and when that happens, they will be lumbered with a bunch of Championship players who no longer have the motivation to play above their skill level. Bring that day on.

To be fair, he's a damn sight better than most of the PL managers, I quite like the cut of his jib. From a vast distance, and knowing very little about him, he does appear fairly settled at Leeds. Recently been talking about a new contract for next season, so perhaps he thinks he can take them either further. Fair play to him. It does seem like he's always got a good flounce in him, so potentially has to be handled fairly carefully - but definitely worth it as they'll surely struggle if someone comes in with a different philosophy.

I quite like the team - just find a lot of the fans unbelievably tedious

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
To be fair, he's a damn sight better than most of the PL managers, I quite like the cut of his jib. From a vast distance, and knowing very little about him, he does appear fairly settled at Leeds. Recently been talking about a new contract for next season, so perhaps he thinks he can take them either further. Fair play to him. It does seem like he's always got a good flounce in him, so potentially has to be handled fairly carefully - but definitely worth it as they'll surely struggle if someone comes in with a different philosophy.

I quite like the team - just find a lot of the fans unbelievably tedious

Likewise, they are nearly always worth watching

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
You have to say it’s going pretty well for him so far and long may it continue, 3 points from 5 games is not to be sniffed at. Hopefully they’ll be able to tie him down with a new, longer term contract very soon.

:lolol::lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here