Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maradona

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I gauge players by what I’ve seen of them on the pitch, either live or on tv :shrug:

I did see Pele play in a few games and I personally wouldn’t put him in the same league as Maradona. He played in top teams when the quality of the opposition was generally at a much lower level. There is a myth about just how good Pele was imo :shrug:

He didn’t cope anywhere near as well as Maradona with crunching tackles either, from memory he missed quite a few WC games because of it too.

It’s all about opinions, and I’ve seen nothing on this thread to change my mind about Maradona being the best ever.
Maradona was out for a significant period when Goixcochea did for him, you simply can’t compare ‘crunching tackles’ IMO. Some of Pele’s were thigh high, Maradona would have struggled, in the same way that Pele would have done with the Goixcochea assault.

Pele played longer I believe.

Definitely opinions and almost an impossible question to answer.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Cosmos was just the Harlem Globetrotters of football, not to be taken seriously
Yet there were other teams as well so Tampa Bay Rowdies, Seattle Sounders etc, sure players on their way down, but in many ways similar to that league now.

Dennis Tueart was still good for example and came back as did Joe Corrigan

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Yet there were other teams as well so Tampa Bay Rowdies, Seattle Sounders etc, sure players on their way down, but in many ways similar to that league now.

Dennis Tueart was still good for example and came back as did Joe Corrigan
Didn’t Wardy win Player Of The Year in the US one year?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here