Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Manchester City vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
On a side note....

you would have thought Wembley could afford the padded seats that we have.

Didn't expect to be slumming it today.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
On a side note....

you would have thought Wembley could afford the padded seats that we have.

Didn't expect to be slumming it today.

Funny - my lad said exactly the same!!

Just got in. Great day, proud of the team - and especially proud of our fan who were brilliant.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Funny game really, don’t think it was a great one to be fair. We looked good but slightly tempered by the feeling City didn’t ever get into third gear so difficult to say. Support behind the goal looked amazing. Wish could been down there. Not much noise in the top tier, lots of people looked like they were at their first game in fairness. Always think it’s such a shame the middle ring is never full even for finals. Old Wembley was so much better in that respect.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Funny game really, don’t think it was a great one to be fair. We looked good but slightly tempered by the feeling City didn’t ever get into third gear so difficult to say. Support behind the goal looked amazing. Wish could been down there. Not much noise in the top tier, lots of people looked like they were at their first game in fairness. Always think it’s such a shame the middle ring is never full even for finals. Old Wembley was so much better in that respect.

I loved the old Wembley for England matches in the 70’s.

By the 1991 Notts Co game, it was awful. I remember rubbish sightlines from the end, with the speedway/greyhound track putting most spectators miles away. The ‘concourses’ underneath were a mix of rust and ageing concrete.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I loved the old Wembley for England matches in the 70’s.

By the 1991 Notts Co game, it was awful. I remember rubbish sightlines from the end, with the speedway/greyhound track putting most spectators miles away. The ‘concourses’ underneath were a mix of rust and ageing concrete.

It definitely needed upgrading but the over ambition and subsequent cost they need to recover ruins it in so many ways eg the middle circle never full, semis played there etc. Should have been rebuilt in the midlands too. Or maybe never at all?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

I think it was one where you had to be their to fully appreciate it

DSC00075.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It definitely needed upgrading but the over ambition and subsequent cost they need to recover ruins it in so many ways eg the middle circle never full, semis played there etc. Should have been rebuilt in the midlands too. Or maybe never at all?

The corporate hospitality deck is always the same .... Anfield, Emirates, no doubt WHL when it settles down.

People paying top dollar, but they have a 30 minutes HT or don’t turn up at all.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

I was to the side of the big screen - plenty of noise there, surprised how loud it was actually. And would have been better if the stewards hadn't kept making people sit down. The noise doesn't travel that well I don't think - you could see it was great on the lower tier behind the goal - but apart from 'Albion', you couldn't really hear it.

Louis MacNeice

Dec 7, 2015

We were in block 552, high up and it was noisy...noisy to the extent that I'm slightly hoarse today and we managed to drown out Oasis after the final whistle. However, I would agree that it wasn't a great game - great occasion yes, game no - but we very nearly did what we had to do, and all concerned should be proud.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
We were in block 552, high up and it was noisy...noisy to the extent that I'm slightly hoarse today and we managed to drown out Oasis after the final whistle. However, I would agree that it wasn't a great game - great occasion yes, game no - but we very nearly did what we had to do, and all concerned should be proud.

If only Murray had got to the ball first from Duffys header and given us something to really celebrate, even if we did still go on to lose

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we showed two points yesterday. Much as many on here wanted Kayal to replace Stephens, not me, CH didnt even include him on the bench and as The Gem has said Izyquierdo showed that he is injured.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well that was a quick year, wasn't it?

Not much has happened since.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Well that was a quick year, wasn't it?

Not much has happened since.

Although the entry above yours feels a little surreal now. I wonder what BG would have made of the world today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here