Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City Ticket Exchange AGONY

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
'evening

I post this as a late 40's man watching the digital train leave the station with me and my analogue ticket left standing on the platform.

The whole Albion digital-ticket system has felt like a watershed moment in my understanding of 'how modern things work'.

Anyway - I purchased two tickets for the Man City game and, because it got moved, my son can't make it so I might as well put those two on on the exchange and just go to the game in my usual season ticket seat.

I've put my season ticket seat on the exchange before so I know how that works. However, I'm guessing that if I list my two extra's the 'adult' seat might get purchased on its own leaving one pointless, lonely Under-18 seat. I've tried to upgrade the Under-18 one to a adult but that option is greyed out still when I select that game. My season ticket matches seem eligible for category changes. It's just those two extras.

I was going to upgrade the U18 one and then list both reasoning there's a better chance of them both selling?

Am I doing something wrong? I'm guessing to can't list tickets on the exchange as a pair?

This probably ends with a call to the club, right?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You can’t list non season tickets on the exchange can you ?

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
You can’t list non season tickets on the exchange can you ?
Not exactly. If you bought them from the club, eg in a member sale, then you can. But if you bought them off the ticket exchange you cannot.

And for those you advertise, you cannot stipulate only to be sold in a pair, so they can be sold as single tickets which can screw things if the second ticket doesn’t sell.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not exactly. If you bought them from the club, eg in a member sale, then you can. But if you bought them off the ticket exchange you cannot.

And for those you advertise, you cannot stipulate only to be sold in a pair, so they can be sold as single tickets which can screw things if the second ticket doesn’t sell.
My bad

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
'evening

I post this as a late 40's man watching the digital train leave the station with me and my analogue ticket left standing on the platform.

The whole Albion digital-ticket system has felt like a watershed moment in my understanding of 'how modern things work'.

Anyway - I purchased two tickets for the Man City game and, because it got moved, my son can't make it so I might as well put those two on on the exchange and just go to the game in my usual season ticket seat.

I've put my season ticket seat on the exchange before so I know how that works. However, I'm guessing that if I list my two extra's the 'adult' seat might get purchased on its own leaving one pointless, lonely Under-18 seat. I've tried to upgrade the Under-18 one to a adult but that option is greyed out still when I select that game. My season ticket matches seem eligible for category changes. It's just those two extras.

I was going to upgrade the U18 one and then list both reasoning there's a better chance of them both selling?

Am I doing something wrong? I'm guessing to can't list tickets on the exchange as a pair?

This probably ends with a call to the club, right?
Should have started with a call to the club. #cheekywink

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
No tickets sold through the exchange are sold as kids tickets as you can only buy full price tickets from the exchange.

*EDIT* Terry Butcher Tribute Act beat me to it.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I understand that all tickets sold from the exchange are adult; no kids prices available.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I’m sure given the change of date you may get a refund if not too late - but sure if you call the club they will do that or list them for resale for you given the fixture is sold out etc.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I’m sure given the change of date you may get a refund if not too late - but sure if you call the club they will do that or list them for resale for you given the fixture is sold out etc.
They gave a date for claiming a refund once the new date was confirmed, same as when the Palace game got moved.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
what is reason for not able to sell an under 18 ticket to another at same price on exchange
Not quite for the reasons given above.

Think about it the other way round, ie an adult puts their ticket on the exchange but it gets bought by an u10 at u10 rates - how would the financial transaction work?

If you were a STH and got back a tenner for your £40 ticket, for example, you might feel a little bit miffed.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here