Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City Presser

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Some mupped again asks RDZ if he has spoken to Pep Guardiola in the last few weeks. I bet he regrets mentioning that now during his first press conference.

This week much more like a GP presser, said in a different voice.

Most of the journalist questions are so shit.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I knew there would be a cringey Pep question in there this week.

I said a few weeks ago he will quickly get pissed off with the mundane British press conferences. The questions asked every time are just so weak and pathetic. The whole thing is a waste of time.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I find RDZ's replies to be refreshingly honest. I'm also very impressed with how hard he has been working on his English.

I'm fully supportive of him and feel we're very lucky to have him at Brighton.
He'll be tabloid-headlined out of honesty soon enough... unfortunately. But yeah very impressive how quickly he is picking up the language.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If we can keep them down to three I'll be happy.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Some mupped again asks RDZ if he has spoken to Pep Guardiola in the last few weeks. I bet he regrets mentioning that now during his first press conference.

This week much more like a GP presser, said in a different voice.

Most of the journalist questions are so shit.

Some what?

Given the game is against Man City, it's a perfectly reasonable question, isn't it?

As has been covered on here before, some of the time, 'shit' questions get the best responses...

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
i fail to see the point of these press confrences, no manager is going to say anything other than the blindingly obvious, so apart from a few injury updates all you get is variations on "every game is hard in this league/competition", " yes, we want to win"," they are a good team, but anyone can beat anyone on their day"

They must be a pain for the coaches and clubs, and serve no useful purpose

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
i fail to see the point of these press confrences, no manager is going to say anything other than the blindingly obvious, so apart from a few injury updates all you get is variations on "every game is hard in this league/competition", " yes, we want to win"," they are a good team, but anyone can beat anyone on their day"

Just going through the motions, I guess. But every word will be scrutinised by the press to see if they can make a headline out of something. Anything.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It's difficult isn't it because journo's know managers will get defensive if questions get too daring.

I think we as fans for example should be able to submit important questions, because at present I would like to know:
What is RDZ's favourite colour?
Favourite type of car?
Favourite band?
Favourite pudding?
Favourite breakfast cereal?
Favourite way of cooking eggs?
Favourite brand of trainers?
Favourite Bond movie?
Favourite Renaisance painter?

How are we to get to know him when these important details aren't established.:shrug:

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Sure its worth a chuckle but got 11/1 Albion straight away win at Corals today so went large and £2 less than half a pint at our local if it comes in Saturday nights drink covered. :drink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I fancy a 1 - 2 away win and I can go into work on Sunday singing your city is blue and white striped!
Sounds like you're about as popular at work as you are on here!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

Don't forget that the only part of these press conferences that you see on the club website are the non-embargoed sections for the broadcast media, who are mostly looking for 10-second clips. The written press (sometimes) go into things in more depth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here