Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Man City at Home

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No but it will end 1:6 three penalties to City and Mitoma sent off for hitting a post.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It’s highly likely it will in the final week of the season between Southampton and Villa fixtures. That is the only free mid week City have all the time they are in the CL. Unless they get knocked out in the up coming round it will be that week.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
It’s highly likely it will in the final week of the season between Southampton and Villa fixtures. That is the only free mid week City have all the time they are in the CL. Unless they get knocked out in the up coming round it will be that week.
Yep. Based my assumption on that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Yep. Based my assumption on that.
If the FA allow us to beat Utd that means we can bring on 5 subs who have been trained by Jimmy Case for the week and nobble their best five players. Get in.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
City at home is likely to be midweek after the Southampton game.

We also have Newcastle to be rearranged. The Newcastle game was originally a televised BT Sport fixture. So if we assume they want to retain their rights, that game can’t be played on the same night as any European fixture.

Brighton’s remaining fixtures timeline:

Saturday 15th April (Chelsea A)
Sunday 23rd April (United, FA Cup)
Wednesday 26th April (Forest A)
Saturday 29th April (Wolves H)
Thursday 4th May (United H) (Coronation weekend(
Monday 8th May (Everton H) (WONT MOVE)
(European fixtures midweek)
Sunday 14th May (Arsenal A) (WONT MOVE)
Saturday 20th May (Saints H)*
Sunday 28th (Villa A) (CANT MOVE)
(European and FA cup final after this date)

April is done. No rearranged games will take place in April.

The Arsenal and Villa games will not move. (Just picked for TV and final game of the season respectively).

So due to City’s commitments in the champions league, we can assume that game can only take place after the Southampton home fixture.

The Newcastle game may have to be pulled from the TV schedule (is this possible?) and be played during one of the European midweeks. Otherwise the only remaining slots to fit that Newcastle game is Tuesday (2nd of may) but that leaves only 2 days recovery for the United game (which can’t be moved). The Wolves game before can’t be moved either.

The reason why the Newcastle game wasn’t moved to this midweek (which makes the most sense) was due to BT sport being unable to show it alongside the European games.

*Saints at home can be moved to Friday. Technically the Newcastle and City games could be on Monday and Thursday that midweek as the Villa game is definitely on the Sunday. The league try to avoid 2 days between games but it may well have to happen. 48 hours between fixtures is the minimum allowed gap between fixtures I believe?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
City at home is likely to be midweek after the Southampton game.

We also have Newcastle to be rearranged. The Newcastle game was originally a televised BT Sport fixture. So if we assume they want to retain their rights, that game can’t be played on the same night as any European fixture.

Brighton’s remaining fixtures timeline:

Saturday 15th April (Chelsea A)
Sunday 23rd April (United, FA Cup)
Wednesday 26th April (Forest A)
Saturday 29th April (Wolves H)
Thursday 4th May (United H) (Coronation weekend(
Monday 8th May (Everton H) (WONT MOVE)
Sunday 14th May (Arsenal A) (WONT MOVE)
Saturday 20th May (Saints H)*
Sunday 28th (Villa A) (CANT MOVE)
(European and FA cup final after this date)

April is done. No rearranged games will take place in April.

The Arsenal and Villa games will not move. (Just picked for TV and final game of the season respectively).

So due to City’s commitments in the champions league, we can assume that game can only take place after the Southampton home fixture.

The Newcastle game may have to be pulled from the TV schedule (is this possible?) and be played during one of the European midweeks. Otherwise the only remaining slots to fit that Newcastle game is Tuesday (2nd of may) but that leaves only 2 days recovery for the United game (which can’t be moved). The Wolves game before can’t be moved either.

The reason why the Newcastle game wasn’t moved to this midweek (which makes the most sense) was due to BT sport being unable to show it alongside the European games.

*Saints at home can be moved to Friday. Technically the Newcastle and City games could be on Monday and Thursday that midweek as the Villa game is definitely on the Sunday. The league try to avoid 2 days between games but it may well have to happen. 48 hours between fixtures is the minimum allowed gap between fixtures I believe?
I was with you up until Newcastle Monday. I'd have thought Sky had the MNF rights and are bound to show a game that could 'win the league' for a team. But I did forget it was due to be on BT who, of course, wont/cant show it on a European night. Guess also Sky or BT will want to show every Arsenal & City game in May so that rules out a European night anyway. All looks a bit of a problem.
I initially did have Newcastle down for the 18/19th April. Guess that's gone due to BT showing Euro football.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Need to resolve the clash with the London Marathon

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here