Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Dortmund defensive midfielder leaving on a free at the seasons end. has apparently completed a medical for a premier league club, with us named as a possible destination

can’t see it being leicester given they don’t know what division they’ll be in a and it feels a little less ‘galactico’ than the names newcastle have been linked with thus far. on a free too, which is the only circumstance where we’d sign an older player

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Of the three you'd have to think Newcastle, right?

Looking likely they'll be playing Champions League football, an infinite wallet for wages.
That's my first thought too. Surely not Leicester when they're staring relegation in the face. He;s been a bit part player at Dortmund so would he join is to be Caicedo's deputy? If you're going from bit part player to bit part player then Newcastle woud seem the better option. Guaranteed champions league and more money.

That said it'll probably turn out to be none of us!

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
That's my first thought too. Surely not Leicester when they're staring relegation in the face. He;s been a bit part player at Dortmund so would he join is to be Caicedo's deputy? If you're going from bit part player to bit part player then Newcastle woud seem the better option. Guaranteed champions league and more money.

That said it'll probably turn out to be none of us!
He’s been out most of the season with a shoulder injury, and has been used sparingly since which isn’t a surprise when they know he’s leaving.

If we do play 2 games a week next season then it makes sense - we’ll need extra depth and bit of experience.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
He’s been out most of the season with a shoulder injury, and has been used sparingly since which isn’t a surprise when they know he’s leaving.

If we do play 2 games a week next season then it makes sense - we’ll need extra depth and bit of experience.
Good point about the shoulder injury.

I thought he was purely a defensive midfielder but a bit of googling suggests that he plays central midfield as much if not more than he does defensive so he wouldn't be coming here purely as Caicedo cover which was my original thinking.

I still reckon Newcastle makes more sense - more money, guaranteed european football which will almost definitely be Champions league and a possible title (albeit long)shot next year. The possibility of it being us however has increased in my mind, although we're going to be linked to a 1001 midfielders this summer.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s nice to us getting our business done super early if this is true. 3 signings all but complete when we’ve still got 5 games to play this season.

Also seems to be another player De Zerbi is a fan of, tried to sign him for Sassuolo allegedly.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Six years is an awful long time to spend as a free agent.

Just saying.

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Our 5th player of Arab/half arab descent?

El Abd, Kayal, Khadra, Ayari. Missed anyone?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here