Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Mahmoud Dahoud (Loaned to VfB Stuttgart 31/01/24)

Affy

Silent Assassin
Aug 16, 2019
Sussex by the Sea
Some you win.

Some you lose.

He cost nothing so it’s no biggie.

I’m wondering if the Old Firm would be interested in him? He strikes me as someone who could do well playing the sort of opposition they come up against in the Scottish Premiership.
Still wages to pay. Would have been nice to get rid of he isn’t working out and free up the wages for someone else.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
According to German press, Stuttgart not impressed with Dahoud.
Will return him to Brighton at end of loan. No transfer fee then!
He seems to start games though, like last weekend. 8 games and 1 goal so far. Which paper did you read this in?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Surely a candidate for the Saudi league.
Joke of league, 133 fans turned out Al Riyadh

Al Riyadh
i
0 - 1
i
Al Okhdood
Fri, 1 Sep

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Joke of league, 133 fans turned out Al Riyadh

Al Riyadh
i
0 - 1
i
Al Okhdood
Fri, 1 Sep
Half on those players families or comps and the other half on their phones most of the match if the footage i've seen of port there is a reliable guide.

The threat it seemed to pose a year ago to the established order was complete bollocks. It will just be a semi retirement league or a way of established clubs laundering cash for FFP purposes

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It will just be a semi retirement league or a way of established clubs laundering cash for FFP purposes
This is a good point. Newcastle could have money pumped into the club via their owners buying players for their league. Does the “market value” criteria hold for player sales as well as other deals?

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
This is a good point. Newcastle could have money pumped into the club via their owners buying players for their league. Does the “market value” criteria hold for player sales as well as other deals?
Have to admit I don't really understand what you're asking :)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Some you win.

Some you lose.

He cost nothing so it’s no biggie.

I’m wondering if the Old Firm would be interested in him? He strikes me as someone who could do well playing the sort of opposition they come up against in the Scottish Premiership.
Perhaps we could exchange him for that Sima fellow at Rangers. If Undav doesn't want to come back because he's homesick away from Germany, perhaps Sima would be happy to come and be our third/fourth choice striker. Similar player in one way - not very good at football generally, but just scores goals!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Have to admit I don't really understand what you're asking :)
There's rules which prevent clubs circumventing FFP with above 'market value' income from things like sponsorship. Say the typical market rate for a shirt sponsorship is 1m a season but Etihad gave Man City 6m it could be the case this deal is not really a sponsorship deal but actually an arrangement to pump money into the club via the back door.

I know this exists for sponship....but it could also be used by the owners of Newcastle as I think they also have very close links with the Saudi league which also owns 4 clubs. For example, Saudi League club buys Anthony Gordon for 500m. Simple way of pumping money into the club via the backdoor.

At least I think this is the case. Maybe @El Presidente knows more?

Edit: Not sure why I cc-ed El Pres....I'm sure the words "pump" and "back door" will trigger an alert at El Pres Towers.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here