Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Magpie or Blue Peter

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I must admit I did have a crush on Jenny Hanley but it’s Blue Peter all the way. Get down Shep!
"Shep, get off Petra"! Yeah, I can't explain why, but Blue Peter always seemed more 'authentic'; more Premier League compared to Championship Magpie.

Similarly, I've always preferred watching football matches on BBC than ITV; just prefer BBC's commentary somehow.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Wasn't fussed by either of them. Grange Hill was where it's at 👍🏼

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Magpie was a very late comer, on the commercial channel, and a bit too populist. I liked Blue Peter because they made things out of amazing washing up liquid bottles that had no identifying markings/pictures. That was spooky.

I was a Christopher Trace man. Looking at his biography he was surely an inspiration for the Alan Partridge biog.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'll just leave this here

article-2342362-1A57252C000005DC-411_634x551.jpg

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Blue Peter on steroids!

I was always a Blue Peter fan, l even fancied Valerie Singleton. Yes l'm that old.

Does anyone else remember Christopher Trace who presented the prog in the very early days?
I remember Christopher Trace. Magpie never got a look in. Commercial TV couldn't get much more than a snowy screen to my home in the sixties and rarely got a look in anyway. I was more in to Scouts and the Tories!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here