Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] MacManaman and the MU game

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Would love to see Zapata as our striker, type of player we are missing, big, strong and full of running, and not a bad scoring ratio either. Ran the Man U defence ragged last night.

How much would it take to prise him away from Atalanta

What cobblers (Google translate is your friend here).

SAC

May 21, 2014
Interesting how Southgate's "go to" players in Kane, Maguire and Mings and ALL in tragically bad form at the moment. Plus Ramsdale being in far better form that Pickford. We all know the "I'll pick on form" is complete bunkum and GS is more about loyalty to the players he trusts - but the form of those three in particular is alarmingly bad.

The issue (I think at least) is that there is no reliable backup for Kane. No-one other than the retired Vardy has scored more than 4 goals (Callum WIlson). Ings, Watkins, Bamford, DCL have all nose-dived form wise too. Sterling is out of favour at Citeh, Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho and all well sub-par at United. England players are having a real 'mare this season with the exception of a few (Mount, Foden, Rice etc)

They all tend to play well for Southgate, as an England fan I'm quite happy for him to continue pciking players he thinks will play well for us.

Kane's form, along with no back-up, is a worry.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
Why is what I wrote 'cobblers', on that performance last night I think practically every club would want him

I just can’t see him being the ‘sole’ of the team, not the sort of player that would put his ‘laces’ through the ball or add ‘polish’ to the options upfront.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I’ve always quite liked Man United, glad they equalised. I know that pov might buck the trend but hey ho …

Ferguson was a brilliant manager for them but I didn't like them under him. He intimidated officials and was arrogant with the media.
Feel sorry for the real fans now.
Under Busby they were my favourite 1st division team.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Ferguson was a brilliant manager for them but I didn't like them under him. He intimidated officials and was arrogant with the media.
Feel sorry for the real fans now.
Under Busby they were my favourite 1st division team.

How can anyone actually feel SORRY for Man Utd fans ?

"We haven't won the League since 2013, and we might not maker the top 4"

d51ec78f-80c5-4852-8748-d3fc8da99176_480x480.gif

The heart bleeds.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s a reduced sound job …. the nightmare duo of ‘shove my opinions down your throat’ Fletcher and excitable child Macca.

Back to the football, Atletico are repeatedly hacking counter attacking opponents down and snarling in the ref’s face. Be a minor miracle if they end with 10 men.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
It’s a reduced sound job …. the nightmare duo of ‘shove my opinions down your throat’ Fletcher and excitable child Macca.

Back to the football, Atletico are repeatedly hacking counter attacking opponents down and snarling in the ref’s face. Be a minor miracle if they end with 10 men.

A few years ago I though Fletcher was ok but less so these days and the two of them together are a nightmare - tbf I think BT is poor generally for football. I’ve actually opted for the goals show one which just goes to each game when something happens plus the occasional visit to Sky to see if Van Hecke is making a name for himself……oops

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here