Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Luton Memories

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
Never been up there but remember a match at the Goldstone, we scored 4 but lost 2-4. Thunder bolt volley by Case straight into the back of our net and think an og header from Stevens. Don't remember the other goals.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
A 4-1 fa cup win under the lights at the Goldstone, they were in division 1 (we were in div 2). Danny Wilson was their captain.

We chanted "Danny, what's the score" and he gave us a big smile and stuck up four fingers (on the same hand I might add).

We were great that night.

6th January 1990.....34 years ago!
Was there also. We were so good that day.

Binney on acid

NSC Patron
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
Really showing my age here, but I remember seeing them at The Goldstone. I think their goalkeeper Colin Tinsley was injured during the match, and he had to hobble on the wing, because the FA didn't allow substitutes until 1965 / 6. 0ne substitute for an injured player only, nothing tactical. Am I the only one from NSC that was there ?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The only one I sort of remember was when their fans had a feud going on and there was some kind of demo and a lot of hostility from their end. People on the pitch etc. Many moons ago. Brain fade ……..

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The one that stands out for me is the Feb '04 game where that cheating prick of a Ref, Trevor Parkes, waved away a penalty appeal for Luton with about 15 mins to go and then for some inexplicable reason he blew the whistle and pointed to the spot. The only time I've ever lost my temper at a footy match. All I remember for the rest of the match was that he wouldn't come within 30 yards of the away end, as each time he did there was surge of noise from the fans.

Sent of Leon Knight for diving as well?

Knight was hacked to the ground and booked him

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Feb 2004 - 2-0 victory or was it a 0-2 defeat?
Stuart Jones in goal for us - don't remember anything about him except for this brilliant moment
I think he must have been playing well.

"Jones for England - Jones for England"

Pause

"Jonesey, Jonesey are you Welsh?"
He turns around with a quick shake of the head

"Jones for England - Jones for England"

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Very few memories at all. Only time I've been to Kenilworth Road was a midweek game sometime in early 2000's (04 I think). Went up early with a mate and met my brother near London Bridge and and started on the beers around lunchtime. By the time the game came around I was as pissed as a pissed thing that feel out of the pissed tree into the pissed bush and rolled down the pissed hill.

Did I mention I was pissed? I know we lost, but that's about it. :shrug:

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Went to the JPT Southern area final up there.

Saw Gary Hart in the KFC near the ground afterwards. Highlight of the trip.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
I've only been there once. A 2-1 win in 2008. Not much to remember except an unpleasant kebab, the backgarden entrance and our giving their fans a relegation countdown as we approached the final whistle.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Didn’t we have someone sent off and hung on for penalties? Certainly remember the pitch invasion at the end by their low life’s.
Took this on my Nokia whatever the hell it was at the end of the game the charming folks

Attachments

• IMG_7519.jpeg
    IMG_7519.jpeg
    628.3 KB · Views: 31

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
A 4-1 fa cup win under the lights at the Goldstone, they were in division 1 (we were in div 2). Danny Wilson was their captain.

We chanted "Danny, what's the score" and he gave us a big smile and stuck up four fingers (on the same hand I might add).

I actually dreamt the score line the night before. Only time and really should have bet my giro on it.

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho

I seem to recall this was a Saturday afternoon (admittedly it would have been under lights at some point)
I might be wrong

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Can’t recall the year (97 onwards) or result but recall not being made particularly welcome in the pub pre KO or the walk to the car after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here