Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Loyalty versus, well you decide...

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’d like to be a well-paid pundit on R5 but I’m not. They are. That’s not fair. What are they going to do about it?

As for football, I’m in Priority Window 3. So it goes. In terms of season tickets rather than casual attendance I’m a total JCL having only had one since the Sami Hypia days when the club emailed and asked me to please have a season ticket and I thought, yes, why not? Time to finally commit.

But I know people who have never missed a game, home or away, for many years - in one case 30 years - so of course they should have priority.

Last edited:

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
A priority points only based system would mean those with the highest priority points tally getting to the games week in week out, and those without having no hope whatsoever of seeing their beloved team still for months to come, which would be incredibly depressing, and everyone needs a little hope and cheer at the moment.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Amongst the top few with loyalty points.
Not missed a home match for yonks.
Go to most away for many seasons.
Have an inside contact at the club.
Never had a flask nor bottle top.
Pie & pint every home match.
HAVEN'T taken a refund on my fully paid for ticket
Window 3. But no complaints.

Potter’s selection policy is actually communism in action. There, I’m now beating the OP in the most random such mention of the c word on NSC

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
For me, whether it was loyalty points or straight ballot, I would have no issue. If I get a ticket, I'll go, but what I really want is to go to a full Amex.

The really important (and positive) thing here is that is hopefully a small step back to normality, the rest is really incredibly minor by comparison :shrug:

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
**** football, my ticket will go back in the tombola until I've had a needle in my arm and can visit my elderly mum on a regular basis.

This . At Aldershot i should be able to get a ticket with 2000 allowed [cue the jokes:)] but being diabetic and not being able to enjoy a pint or 2 with mates having a laugh . I really don't think i'll bother this season . Having missed only a handful of games home and away in the last 20 years i can honestly say i'm not really bothered .

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
And yet no doubt the uber black hoodies at a certain club will be rewarded with as many tickets as they want.

When last season became behind closed doors I was on just over 600 points, therefore never a problem getting a ticket for away games, and for the Southampton game tier 4.
I have no issues with this, as it's a home game and for many that's their highlight as all they they can commit to for various reasons.

Although missing the game, I can at least watch on TV.

The backlash against a straight ballot may grow in the New Year, if games are not shown on TV (other than the contracted Sky/BT) and only a few thousand fans are still only attending.

At least with a ballot we are better off than fans in tier 3 where no fans are currently allowed to watch, and the possibilty that even with the vaccine arriving, it may be Easter before their ground is opened.

Just now have to remember to mute the BT commentary to stop me swearing too much

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But I know people who have never missed a game, home or away, for many years - in one case 30 years - so of course they should have priority.

Nope, I have to say it doesn’t actually matter. People just need to be grown up about it and stop imagining they are somehow more deserving than others. We are all in this together as Brighton STH. If people care about the club they just need to be happy that there will be fans in the ground. Now is really not the time to be displaying the very ugly characteristic of trying to clamber over others to get what they want.
#together !!!!!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The solution to me, as I've mentioned on the other thread, would be to reward the "uber" fans once in the first game, THEN revert to a ballot treating all STH's equally.

Might be tricky for some very big clubs, but I think if you creamed off the top 2000 in our system you'd very easily be rewarding all the most loyal fans.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Yep - I wouldn't have had an issue with that. As long as it is a one off then that seems fair.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
And these goons on the radio, talking bollocks, should bet told to zip it. May as well say that it isn't fair that people should be allowed to live in big houses, just because they can afford to buy them. They should be made to live in the shed. Meanwhile fat Larry should be given the right to live in a big house, because he really wants to live in one, and that would therefore be fair.

To be fair, Fat Larry's probably going to watch it over Zoom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think that the Wonderful Mr Barber, should look on NSC, anyone who is negative about the absolutely amazing job that he does, or criticises in any way, this giant of a man, or has ever fondled a flask or bottle top, should be immediately banned from the ballot. I would just like to remind the incredibly handsome Mr Barber that I have, in fact, bought a new pullover in a rather dashing shade of mustard, in homage to the great man,not that it should influence my standing in the ballot, at all.

That's exactly what he did do. :whistle:

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I think that the Wonderful Mr Barber, should look on NSC, anyone who is negative about the absolutely amazing job that he does, or criticises in any way, this giant of a man, or has ever fondled a flask or bottle top, should be immediately banned from the ballot. I would just like to remind the incredibly handsome Mr Barber that I have, in fact, bought a new pullover in a rather dashing shade of mustard, in homage to the great man,not that it should influence my standing in the ballot, at all.

. . . don't worry - it won't !!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Owing to my daft shift pattern I’ve never held a season ticket, having basically promised myself one on retirement. I usually make it to three or four matches a season. Watching the Albion, along with gigs, is right at the top of the list of things I’ve missed in 2020. Realistically it’s going to be much longer before I get to see a match at The Amex again. I’ve been a supporter of 40 years and the club is part of who I am but I am only an occasional paying customer. How else are the club to determine who goes to the top of the list for a very small supply of tickets? Season ticket holders make a considerable financial commitment to the club. I’d be highly miffed if I paid several hundred pounds a year for my place only to find myself gazzumped by some git like... er... me on match day.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006
The solution to me, as I've mentioned on the other thread, would be to reward the "uber" fans once in the first game, THEN revert to a ballot treating all STH's equally.

Might be tricky for some very big clubs, but I think if you creamed off the top 2000 in our system you'd very easily be rewarding all the most loyal fans.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I haven’t missed a home match at the Amex since it opened and I’ve been to all away games in the last three years. With only 2,000 allowed into matches at the moment, I don’t think I have any right to attend all of these matches and I think it is reasonable that all season ticket holders have a chance of getting a ticket. So the ballot seems reasonable to me. However, I do think it would be appropriate if the club did give some sort of nod to people who have consistently followed the club home and away. They know who they are from the points system. I agree they could have given priority to the 2,000 season ticket holders with the highest points totals for the first game back, but that opportunity has obviously gone. But why not do it for one of the more attractive fixtures that are coming up, such as Arsenal on Dec 29th?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Whatever they do is going to be criticised in some shape or form.........I think what they’re doing is as fair as anything else would be. If it was purely down to loyalty points, essentially the same 2000 would be attending all the games which would be unfair. I’ve also seen so many posts already from people massively confused by the arrangements - making them even more complex with split ballots for regular away travellers (I am one and in the first window) etc will make things worse, and I suspect is very difficult from an admin perspective for the club. FA Cup games are also going to be done on loyalty points (I think ?) so there will be some football for the Ubers to watch if they want to watch the U23s lose to AFC Wimbledon on a Tuesday night.

I’ve drawn a lucky ticket for the Saints game but if I end up in tier 4 for the rest of the season then so be it. I’m more living in hope that we’ll start next season with a full ground once we’ve all been jabbed. Anything in the meantime is a bonus.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
There’s a chap, with learning difficulties, who sits near us, with his carer. He is so passionate, pre-match and during the game and I’m sure his trips to the Amex are, probably, the high points in his life. Obviously, he can’t get to away games, but I’d love to see him get to see some of the restricted home games.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here