Lower La liga appreciation.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I enjoy watching Spanish football. And considering about 50 percent of recent signings have come from that league I thought we could voice our opinion of players that are decent. I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches teams like Deportivo or Mallorca and think if they go down we can have their players.

I'll start off with Riki who I have already mentioned on another thread.
10 goals in the league, left footed , plays well on his own.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
There is some real quality in La Liga, a lot of people on here will know that I am a big Spanish football fan and I'm glad to see that the club are looking in that direction for signings as there are definitely opportunities to be taken advantage of.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I'm still in shock at some numpty on Facebook describing the Spanish 2nd division as equivalent to the Conference

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
There's a kid called Baptistao playing for Rayo Vallecano. He's going to be class.

I heard he has already signed for Atletico Madrid, top talent though. If I'm thinking of the right player.

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
I'm still in shock at some numpty on Facebook describing the Spanish 2nd division as equivalent to the Conference

Comparing teams like Villarreal to Wrexham. Makes me chuckle.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
I heard he has already signed for Atletico Madrid, top talent though. If I'm thinking of the right player.

That's the guy. Speaking of Atleti, although being 2nd in the league they aren't exactly lower la liga but there's a young guy playing for their youth team called Oliver Torres. He's played a few times for the 1st's and I caught one of those games last time I was over. He is going to be amazing. Check him out if there's anything on youtube.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Comparing teams like Villarreal to Wrexham. Makes me chuckle.

he went on to say he coached kids, so he obviously knows ALL about it

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I enjoy watching Spanish football. And considering about 50 percent of recent signings have come from that league I thought we could voice our opinion of players that are decent. I'm sure I'm not the only one who watches teams like Deportivo or Mallorca and think if they go down we can have their players.

I'll start off with Riki who I have already mentioned on another thread.
10 goals in the league, left footed , plays well on his own.

But it's a team game :)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Atleti will have too many strikers, am I right in thinking they have falcao, Adrian and Diego Costa as well ?

Correct, but I can't see Falcao still being there come the start of next season.

tomfitz12

CTRL+W to change this
Nov 25, 2012
southwick
i personally prefer the bundesliga, some great young talent from the lower clubs there as although there are the famous ones like gotze and reus, both of dortmund, all over the league there are young prospects popping up. i also like the look of bance from FC ausburg. hes got a great shot on him... however on la liga, the player who i think really shines near the bottom is vela of real sociedad, not that hes been playing too much recently

Sam-

Feb 20, 2012
i personally prefer the bundesliga, some great young talent from the lower clubs there as although there are the famous ones like gotze and reus, both of dortmund, all over the league there are young prospects popping up. i also like the look of bance from FC ausburg. hes got a great shot on him... however on la liga, the player who i think really shines near the bottom is vela of real sociedad, not that hes been playing too much recently

Interesting re: bundesliga. I rate it as a league and believe he Germans have the balance between youth and experience bang on.

Real Sociedad are having a good season. Imagine they are enjoying the demise of Bilbao. Vela was a bargin, around 3 mil I believe. Looked alright for Arsenal before he got injured.people are crazy about football in that part of the world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports