Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Looking at the table

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
We should be at least be able to punch Attwell five times in the face.
Seems like a sensible idea.
Would each Brighton fan get the opportunity to dish out five punches, or would it just be five punches in total?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
If we beat Arsenal, by the time we play Citeh, they could be champions AND on the beach.

I hope Stains are on the beach when we play them too.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I think that this is an excellent point.
There must come a point in time, when a club should be able to take legal action.
Is it ten apologies from the PGMOL, six, four?
Where should the line be drawn (pardon the pun).
Gross negligence is always a sackable offence. And an offence where legal action could possibly be taken.
I believe that in our sport the PGMOL have become untouchable.
Pathetic apologies for negligence wouldn't wash in any other walk of life. Some form of action would be taken.
For me, despite all of the “errors” in the Tottenham game, it was the Palace debacle that was the worst of the lot.
There must loads of examples of missed fouls in the box, incorrect handballs etc. (not all in one game, fair enough).
but how many times has the line been drawn against a defender who had a team mate behind him. And that over rules the onfield decision.
It just absolutely beggars belief that no further action was taken against that VAR official.
The VAR system is not fit for purpose, - the PGMOL are not fit for purpose
But "it is what it is" - and nothing, nothing will change.
We’ve potentially lost out on millions and millions of Champions League revenue because of it. And will probably lose some of our best players because if it.
Same as I’ve never forgotten the incredible Spurs / Southampton stitch up, I’ll never forget this season.
As Brighton fans, our best hope is to miss out on Champions League by 6 points or more and finish 5th. Then, no harm done apart from reputationally to PGMOL.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Is anyone else still finding it hard to let go of that farcical officiating and VAR display against spurs last month and the ridiculous decision against Palace? Every time I look at the league table I can't help but imagine the extra points we should deservedly have, which would put us right in the mix on 57 points with games in hand over all of those around us. As things stand, top 4 is looking out of our reach and there's a chance we could miss out on Europe all together.

We have dominated many games this season and not got the rub of the green but that's football and we accept it. I understand that decisions don't always go your way and some say these things even themselves out in the end but these decisions goes way beyond that, this was daylight robbery of the highest order and still leaves a bitter taste in the mouth.

Imagine if, come the end of the season, we were to lose out on top 4 or even European football by a handful of points. The potential ramifications for the club, both from a footballing sense and also financially are astronomical and what have we got to show for them? 3 worthless apologies from the PGMOL.

I know I need to move on but I'm having a really hard time doing so. Anyone else with me or do I need to just get over it?
Spurs still bothers me but not the Palace one. The facts are that even with that goal being disallowed we went ahead in that game, and by scoring later than we would have, they had less time to come back but they still got a point. There’s no guarantee that being awarded that goal would have resulted in a win.

7dialssouthpaw

Sep 10, 2022
Spurs still bothers me but not the Palace one. The facts are that even with that goal being disallowed we went ahead in that game, and by scoring later than we would have, they had less time to come back but they still got a point. There’s no guarantee that being awarded that goal would have resulted in a win.
The foul on March vs Villa (Digne, I think) was incredulous too, though. And could ultimately be the one that costs us a position to a direct rival.
The Tottenham game has at least been followed by some karmic retribution for them, even though for us it felt like we were playing against South Korea in 2002.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
The foul on March vs Villa (Digne, I think) was incredulous too, though. And could ultimately be the one that costs us a position to a direct rival.
The Tottenham game has at least been followed by some karmic retribution for them, even though for us it felt like we were playing against South Korea in 2002.
That’s the one that haunts me. And then we had a break for 6 weeks or whatever it was for the World Cup so I was haunted by it for so long.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here