Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

London Marathon 09 - REMF

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Hello all,

Sorry i've been a bit quiet regarding the marathon but had a lot on over the past few months. Had a few problems both with injuries and other things which i'm not going to mention on here.

However the upshoot is due to medical advice i've been forced to defer my entry into this years marathon. Not particularly happy about it as after 16 weeks of training having to pull out a week before is particularlly frustrating.

My apologies to all those who have supported me, although due to my own issues i probably havent dedicated enough time to sponsorship and funraising as i should have. Also many thanks to Tony for the t-shirt.

However on the positive side, i have sorted myself out and should be fit by the end of the summer to re-start training and give my full attention to next years marathon.

I have defered my place and therefore have a guaranteed place in the 2010 marathon which i still intend to run for the REMF. I have spoken to justgiving and they will continue my page until next year so all those that have sponsored me it will carry over until the following year.

Apologies

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Hello all,

Sorry i've been a bit quiet regarding the marathon but had a lot on over the past few months. Had a few problems both with injuries and other things which i'm not going to mention on here.

However the upshoot is due to medical advice i've been forced to defer my entry into this years marathon. Not particularly happy about it as after 16 weeks of training having to pull out a week before is particularlly frustrating.

My apologies to all those who have supported me, although due to my own issues i probably havent dedicated enough time to sponsorship and funraising as i should have. Also many thanks to Tony for the t-shirt.

However on the positive side, i have sorted myself out and should be fit by the end of the summer to re-start training and give my full attention to next years marathon.

I have defered my place and therefore have a guaranteed place in the 2010 marathon which i still intend to run for the REMF. I have spoken to justgiving and they will continue my page until next year so all those that have sponsored me it will carry over until the following year.

Apologies

You must be gutted that you cannot run - I had to defer last year as |I was injured, so I know how you feel.

If it's any consolation I feel much more 'ready' than I did last year, although my target is purely to get round.

Good Luck for nrxt year.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
You must be gutted that you cannot run - I had to defer last year as |I was injured, so I know how you feel.

If it's any consolation I feel much more 'ready' than I did last year, although my target is purely to get round.

Good Luck for nrxt year.

Yeah to be fair gutted doesnt really cover it !!

But last 3 months have been proper shit for me but hopefully turned the corner now.

Wouldnt have got round if i had tried and as my target is sub 4 hours wouldnt have been what made me do it in the first place.

Also would certainly like to focus on raising more money for REMf next year as my mind has been elsewhere really.

Good luck on Sunday, let me know how you get on :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here