Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] London Fireworks

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
That is the second time you have implied that any criticism of Khan is purely down to race.
Is he not allowed to be criticised?
That's not what I said, but Khan is constantly referred to in terms of his religion. Usually regarding Sharia Law or London being referred to as "Londonistan"

He isn't that great a Mayor but is miles better than the last one who poured a billion pounds down the drain on failed vanity projects.

Since become Mayor, Khan has received something like 300,000 openly racist comments on social media.

Above that criticism is odd. Criticising the "Mayor Presents" message is very strange and you have to ask yourself the question, what exactly prompted that ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
That's not what I said, but Khan is constantly referred to in terms of his religion. Usually regarding Sharia Law or London being referred to as "Londonistan"

He isn't that great a Mayor but is miles better than the last one who poured a billion pounds down the drain on failed vanity projects.

Since become Mayor, Khan has received something like 300,000 openly racist comments on social media.

Above that criticism is odd. Criticising the "Mayor Presents" message is very strange and you have to ask yourself the question, what exactly prompted that ?
You stated ‘The anti Khan thing is fuelled by racism on social media, mostly from non Londoners who can't live with the idea of a Muslim having a powerful job.’
How is that not an implication that any critic of Khan is not down to some form of racial stance.
I would also question the ‘constantly referred to in terms of religion’. It is an easy get out to every bit of questioning him to say oh is must because of his race or religion.
Personally the mayor presents drones were seen as a cheap, unnecessary, self publicity stunt.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
You stated ‘The anti Khan thing is fuelled by racism on social media, mostly from non Londoners who can't live with the idea of a Muslim having a powerful job.’
How is that not an implication that any critic of Khan is not down to some form of racial stance.
I would also question the ‘constantly referred to in terms of religion’. It is an easy get out to every bit of questioning him to say oh is must because of his race or religion.
Personally the mayor presents drones were seen as a cheap, unnecessary, self publicity stunt.
Did you criticise mayor johnson for doing the same? The 'mayor presents' has been a thing since 2008

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Head in the sand, it's been going on for years. He's racially abused daily on social media.

Last edited:

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
We went to the beach. Lovely firework displays over several miles of coastline and loads of people having fun.

We sent a video to our son, who is in Sydney, showing him just how great it was.

He reciprocated with a video showing the display he saw in Sydney.

The bastard.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
I think the NYE display should have been uniquely and quintessentially English.

'The Mayor presents - an absolute shitshow. A borefest of taxpayers' millions going up in smoke.'

Fireworks fizzling out on the launchpads. Drones crashing into the London Eye. That kind of thing.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The ‘London mayor presents’ bit at the start was a piss poor political move. The fireworks were around before him and will be around long after he is voted out

.. and for those also equally sucked in

1704196826360.png

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Head in the sand, it's been going on for years. He's racially abused daily on social media.
I never said he does not get racial abuse, my question to you was why does any critic of him automatically get accused of doing so from a racial point of view.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I never said he does not get racial abuse, my question to you was why does any critic of him automatically get accused of doing so from a racial point of view.

Well clearly any critic doesn't. That's complete nonsense. Just add it it to tired clichés about playing the race card etc...

The reality is that the abuse he has suffered is unparalleled and it doesn't just come from anonymous people on the internet. His religion and race are often used by political opponents.

Some of the attacks are also very strange, like the one just now regarding how the fireworks are presented as being from the mayor which they always are.

There was also the fake news story about him blocking a statue of the Queen which was nonsense. That leads him to be accused of being "unpatriotic", which of cause then leads to whispers of him being "not one of us" etc...

So here are some questions for you.

Where you aware that the fireworks are presented like that ?

If so, did you feel the same about Boris Johnson doing exactly the same thing ?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Did you criticise mayor johnson for doing the same? The 'mayor presents' has been a thing since 2008
Yes thanks
Well clearly any critic doesn't. That's complete nonsense. Just add it it to tired clichés about playing the race card etc...

The reality is that the abuse he has suffered is unparalleled and it doesn't just come from anonymous people on the internet. His religion and race are often used by political opponents.

Some of the attacks are also very strange, like the one just now regarding how the fireworks are presented as being from the mayor which they always are.

There was also the fake news story about him blocking a statue of the Queen which was nonsense. That leads him to be accused of being "unpatriotic", which of cause then leads to whispers of him being "not one of us" etc...

So here are some questions for you.

Where you aware that the fireworks are presented like that ?

If so, did you feel the same about Boris Johnson doing exactly the same thing ?
yes and yes. And given you have not even attempted to answer my question I’ll bail out here

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here