Votes: 13 25.5%
  • A bit of both...

Votes: 18 35.3%

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
When walking back to my car I like to unlock it from a distance just as someone is walking past it, to give them a VERY mild jump scare.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I drive a 2003 Polo. Opens with a key, no electric windows, no air-conditioning, emissions light permanently stuck on, stereo is broken, when it rains the back seats get wet. Number plate probably worth more than the car.

Anybody drive anything sh!tter?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn't call it sh!tty, but I have my trusty 2001 Yaris . She has no central locking, no air con, wind down windows and even a tape cassette deck....

Marty McFly

Seagulls Over Canada
Aug 19, 2006
La Pêche, Quebec
I wouldn't call it sh!tty, but I have my trusty 2001 Yaris . She has no central locking, no air con, wind down windows and even a tape cassette deck....

2005 Corolla with CD player here. It can get tiring walking around the car to check each door individually. The poor thing is at the mechanic's today - hoping it's not terminal!

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
When walking back to my car I like to unlock it from a distance just as someone is walking past it, to give them a VERY mild jump scare.

Acquired new car last week - upgrade on our old one to the current model, nothing fancy but comes with similar functionality. Presumably the car throws out a geofence and then when the phone goes in or out it locks/opens it?

Either way it’s just another thing you need to have with you to drive/unlock car etc so another thing to forget.

I turned it off and resorted to the keyless entry instead just Incase as I’m more likely to rush out of house without phone than keys etc by accident.

m@goo

Feb 20, 2020
Only a thread like this emerges during the Summer break as we all go stir crazy, but it's something Peter Kay or the like would have in his routine I'm sure... ???

Walking through Tesco car park earlier and noticed a young/old divide I'd never picked up on before.

When locking a car with the remote/key fob older people tend to very deliberately hold out the key and point it at the car when pressing the button. Younger people seem to pay no attention and just press the button wherever they're holding the key (or fob).

Do we even know we're doing this?!

I would consider myself in the older bracket as remote central locking is a relatively new thing to me as I've been driving for over 30 years but even I don't point and press like a pensioner. I'll lock it while walking away with the key fob down by my side like a f*cking boss!

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Where ARE my flicking keys
Every day…. 3 times a day.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Old car so press agressively at the car when two feet away hoping it will work but not expecting anything and ready with the key. Also when filling up praying the petrol cap will automatically creak open..one day it won't and I'll be stuck!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here