Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liverpool target Ben White for £20m

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The reason for that was the effort put in by Mooy Gross Stephens and Alzate. when they got near the edge of our box we panicked but grew in strength as the game moved on.

Panicked? What ARE you on about?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
This. Duffy is superb - and I do love the bloke - but he is one that Potter doesn't like. Easy to see why - he loves a ball playing defender and that is not the way he plays. Bong is another who will be gone at the end of the year.

Duffy is a lot more valuable to us than Bong IMO. Adds a lot to the game by sheer brute force and tenacity. We need him when the ball playing gets us no where.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
The reason for that was the effort put in by Mooy Gross Stephens and Alzate. when they got near the edge of our box we panicked but grew in strength as the game moved on.

They did not get near our box until the last 15 mins , so what are you talking about ?

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Duffy is a lot more valuable to us than Bong IMO. Adds a lot to the game by sheer brute force and tenacity. We need him when the ball playing gets us no where.

I don't disagree that Duffy is worth more to us but think both will move on by next summer as neither have the ball at feet skills that Potter is looking for.

Tarko to Leicester, Duffy to Burnley is my guess.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Clearly a real talent. We should get him back this season if we can. He's surely ready for the first team.

If Liverpool actually want him, it would be very difficult to keep him here.

You say "want him" but as we've seen with our transfer policy, trying to sign a player doesn't mean you have them fast-tracked into the First Team. Liverpool see him as a very good prospect, as do we. Doesn't mean he's ready for First Team football in the Prem yet. Let him continue to develop on loan at Leeds, it all seems to be going well, and we're pretty well served in his position right now.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Just looking up Webster's details, I see he was born in West Wittering.

They're three of our own
Dunk, March and Webster,
They're three of our own

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just looking up Webster's details, I see he was born in West Wittering.

They're three of our own
Dunk, March and Webster,
They're three of our own
Toxteth or West Witterings?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So good to have some Sussex boys playing in the Premier League, as long as we have first dibs on them, I’m happy!
Southampton had first dibs on White, but he wasn't good enough, for them. :lol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Does West Wittering really count as one of our own? Everyone knows that West of Littlehampton (Bognor at a push) is Skate territory

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Does West Wittering really count as one of our own? Everyone knows that West of Littlehampton (Bognor at a push) is Skate territory
Well then we need to make some incursions.

Brighton is the club of Sussex.

He is never a skate. He was at Southampton

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Do people really support PFC East of Emsworth!? :mad:
Yes, Sim is right, the River Arun is the natural border.

Naturally though there's rather a lot of swing voters, all of which the Albion are currently in possession of, but that'll change when Pompey take their rightful place at Europe's top table.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I realise this doesn't belong here, but as this is the home of 'Webster not good enough' - it does rather fit right in.

[tweet]1183661610667331584[/tweet]

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
If Liverpool come knocking and offer £20M does anyone seriously think Ben White is going to say no he wants to stay at Brighton? He's not from anywhere near Sussex (from Poole)l for a start. I guess it depends on whether he wants to naturally develop playing more 1st team football than being a bench warmer at Liverpool. I would also suggest that if he did go the club would put a hefty add on should White become an England international and get sold on etc etc. Gut instinct says he will go if the offer is high enough.

Poole is not that far away from Brighton in the greater scheme of things, 2.5 hours !

Bench warming does carry a negative aspect in that a) it inhibits development from both an individual perspective and b) it, almost certainly, limits the amount of game time which is what no serious football player wishes to endure and (C) doesn't in any way promote international prospects ! One could go on !

Ben White has been managed fairly conservatively but surely now GP will not be able to disregard his outstanding talent and development and will have to seriously consider just how his progression will continue at BHA or elsewhere ? GP will surely be assessing his playing assets, taking into account age, ability, exit value and most importantly potential !

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here