Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Lil fender bender at Hove Station today.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I've only been driving for a little over 3 weeks now but I've noticed several things.
Deliveroo/just eat mopeds should be banned, they're the most dangerous, inconsiderate ********s on the road.
Closely followed by cyclists who sit too far out in the road[/ and often change direction with no prior warning.

Because that is where they are supposed to ride! There is no requirement for them to go along bouncing over the ironwork and catching their pedal on the kerb just so motorists can skim past them without changing direction with a quarter of an inch to spare. By sitting further out, it requires the motorist to actually think about their overtaking manoevre, even thugh this might of course use up a few seconds of the motorist's time.

Last edited:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've only been driving for a little over 3 weeks now but I've noticed several things.
Deliveroo/just eat mopeds should be banned, they're the most dangerous, inconsiderate ********s on the road.
Closely followed by cyclists who sit too far out in the road and often change direction with no prior warning.
Fiat 500 and Audi drivers are all twats. The former loves to drive putting on make up or texting other orange women, the latter comes with no indicators and what I can only assume is a very powerful magnet that attracts them to the car in front.
Whoever thought a 20mph speed limit was a good idea needs to be put down.

Hopefully in week 4 you’ll learn the art of patience.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Closely followed by cyclists who sit too far out in the road and often change direction with no prior warning.
Fiat 500 and Audi drivers are all twats. The former loves to drive putting on make up or texting other orange women, the latter comes with no indicators and what I can only assume is a very powerful magnet that attracts them to the car in front.
Whoever thought a 20mph speed limit was a good idea needs to be put down.

I’m always surprised that the internet attracts so many people who love to post ‘look at me I’m an idiot’.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Apparently the driver had a fit at the wheel.

Looks awful

According to the news report I read, it said the driver "walked away without injuries" so it seems unlikely they had suffered a fit or a seizure in the moments before the collision?

Based on pictures, it looks like a Honda S2000. That car is rear wheel drive, develops about 240bhp and does 0-60mph in about 6 seconds. So going by the extent of the damage, past experience and the personalised number plates, I'm going to hazard a guess that it was being driven completely inappropriately and the driver simply lost control. Happy if I'm wrong.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
According to the news report I read, it said the driver "walked away without injuries" so it seems unlikely they had suffered a fit or a seizure in the moments before the collision?

Based on pictures, it looks like a Honda S2000. That car is rear wheel drive, develops about 240bhp and does 0-60mph in about 6 seconds. So going by the extent of the damage, past experience and the personalised number plates, I'm going to hazard a guess that it was being driven completely inappropriately and the driver simply lost control. Happy if I'm wrong.

Also a completely inappropriate amount of power for our roads.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Or just lazy reporting in that he suffered no injuries upon impact due to the airbag

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
It was really easy, got stuck behind a cyclist.

You’re not stuck behind a cyclist, you’re just going at the speed of the traffic until it’s safe to pass.

Why the rush? just enjoy the chance to look around you, take in the sights, safe in the knowledge that you’ll be able to make up the minute or so you were “held up” once you’re on a clear stretch of road.

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
On a separate note, it was probably fortunate that there weren’t people around. It could’ve been much worse.

Hell yeah. I regularly stand at that spot having a smoke waiting for the Littlehampton train after matches. Proper scary that is. You really got to be hammering to do that kind of damage and I still can't get my head around how the driver managed to get up to that speed.

Just as well it was a strike day; could have caused multiple casualties.

An example of driving where the driver should NEVER be allowed to drive again.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale

I belive the term is 'ambition outweighed talent!'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Hell yeah. I regularly stand at that spot having a smoke waiting for the Littlehampton train after matches. Proper scary that is. You really got to be hammering to do that kind of damage and I still can't get my head around how the driver managed to get up to that speed.

Just as well it was a strike day; could have caused multiple casualties.

An example of driving where the driver should NEVER be allowed to drive again.

Or just get a 2 year ban for killing someone...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here