Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lights on the gates at the Amex

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
The reader goes green when I go through on my ST(adult) and blue when my son(under 18) goes through.
Face recognition is nonsense

The Albion use face recognition cameras at the turnstiles. FACT. I was asked to remove my glasses as I went through the turnstiles for the palarse game because, according to the steward the tint was too dark.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The thread title was wonderfully misleading at first glance.

I'm thinking the OP is a 'stadium spotter' with a particular interest in security lights and/or bulb types/wattage etc :)

I initially assumed the OP was a Falmer resident and was re-raising the concerns with light pollution…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
The Albion use face recognition cameras at the turnstiles. FACT. I was asked to remove my glasses as I went through the turnstiles for the palarse game because, according to the steward the tint was too dark.

Palace last season was the only game we were asked to remove hats and look up at a camera outside the WSU entrance

scooter1

How soon is now?
Palace last season was the only game we were asked to remove hats and look up at a camera outside the WSU entrance

That sounds much more like it. CCTV yes, face recognition for tickets…..nah
I have shared my ticket phone with a relative on a number of occasions last season for games I couldn’t make, never been a problem

theboybilly

Indeed. And the answers is that yes - there are different lights.

There are at least three different lights / light sequences. I THINK:

Green = adult
Amber = concession (U21 / OAP)
Green AND Amber = child / U18. I'm really not certain of this last one, but I think that's right.

That would make sense as in W1C where I am there are no OAP concessions hence my light going the standard green

If you are talking West, East or North there is no physical reason why you cannot transfer inside the stadium, you can also access the East from the North turnstiles. I travel between the concourses to meet people or buy different food.

I had no idea that was possible. Do you mean in between the seating areas? Or the actual concourse as I’ll take a look next time

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
Entering from any stand, the North and west concourses can be accessed through the seats, between the North and East there is access in the North East corner via a stairway up to the East in the tunnel built built for Lawnmover access to the pitch then you can pass through the seats to the East Concourse.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
North turnstiles for at least the last 4 seasons had facial recognition cameras.

What's it attempting to recognise tho? It can't be like the e-gates at the airport where it's comparing passport photo v the face of person standing in front of it. I don't recall ever submitting a passport-style photo to the Albion. Is it just checking that it's the same face that goes through the turnstile every time the ticket gets used?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
What's it attempting to recognise tho? It can't be like the e-gates at the airport where it's comparing passport photo v the face of person standing in front of it. I don't recall ever submitting a passport-style photo to the Albion. Is it just checking that it's the same face that goes through the turnstile every time the ticket gets used?

I can remember a few years ago when adults were buying youth season tickets and trying to get in on the cheap. That's why the lights work.
The facial recognition is to stop banned people attending. I suspect the police would supply the ID.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I can remember a few years ago when adults were buying youth season tickets and trying to get in on the cheap. That's why the lights work.
The facial recognition is to stop banned people attending. I suspect the police would supply the ID.

That would make sense. Tho if it's anything like the airport e-gates, unless you stand Just So, it often struggles to recognise you

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex

All banned fans are photographed and the club computers scan every person looking for a match. They may also get images for people subject to banning orders at other clubs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
There’s no facial recognition cameras at the gate. Just a charade. A proper facial recognition system would be very expensive , and they’d need a solid database of good images, angles to be properly used

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There’s no facial recognition cameras at the gate. Just a charade. A proper facial recognition system would be very expensive , and they’d need a solid database of good images, angles to be properly used

I heard they can profile your DNA and predict how many years you have left to live. Just by frisking you, on the pretext of looking for bottle tops ???

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Edit.....

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here