Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lift for west upper?

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Does anyone know coz my dads coming he's 83 and he's bought a tkt up there by mistake. He's just had gout and thinks he can walk up there.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
No chance I'm afraid

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Does anyone know coz my dads coming he's 83 and he's bought a tkt up there by mistake. He's just had gout and thinks he can walk up there.
I don't think it's possible to use the lift. To reduce the number of stairs, use the entrance towards the south end of the ground (nearer the coach park). That way you can use the slope to access the upper outside area (where the player pictures are). There are fewer flights of stairs once inside at that end but it's still a long haul for someone in their eighties unfortunately.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Large lifts in place but sadly only for caterers and camera crews...

Reason being you can’t use lifts in the event of a fire, so they need anyone up there to come down to have got up there unaided in the first place

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Any chance he could put it on the ticket exchange and buy one somewhere with far less steps? Else maybe have a word with the supporter services, see if there's anything they can do. I really wouldn't fancy those stairs with gout at any age

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Any chance he could put it on the ticket exchange and buy one somewhere with far less steps? Else maybe have a word with the supporter services, see if there's anything they can do. I really wouldn't fancy those stairs with gout at any age
Can a single match ticket be put on the exchange?

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I’m sure the original plans for the west upper had a footbridge that went across from concourse level to the Brighton Uni side (top of the legends wall). Sadly it got removed as part of the redesign when the roof height was lowered. Would have made access much easier for those less mobile.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
I’m sure the original plans for the west upper had a footbridge that went across from concourse level to the Brighton Uni side (top of the legends wall). Sadly it got removed as part of the redesign when the roof height was lowered. Would have made access much easier for those less mobile.
Bridges are the solution to everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here