Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Levi and Lewis sitting in a tree, k i s s i n g...

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Levi Colwill admits Lallana persuaded him to stay at Chelsea this summer :ffsparr:

And having played under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton, Lallana was quick to give the new Chelsea manager a glowing testimony when asked about him by Colwill.

“I have had conversations with Adam,” said Colwill. “And he told me about how much of a good guy he (Pochettino) was and he thinks he is a really good manager and I took that on board when I was making my decision.

“When I finally met him (Pochettino), I realised everything Adam said was true.”
FFS Lallana!

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I'm not so sure against Ukraine. A stat I heard on the radio was something like...

Harry Maguire has 58 caps.
All the other centre-backs in the squad have 8 combined caps.

Given that, and Southgate's safety-first approach, I would expect Maguire to start. I'd put Lewis with him though.
If slabhead starts they will have to play a low block on the edge of the area or deploy Usain Bolt to cover for him. He is pretty useless playing a high line and playing out from the back.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Slightly misleading headline. Lallana just said Poch is a good guy.
I know. It was more like the £££££ persuaded him to stay more than MoPo!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Can’t help wondering if dunk will be any good - there is loads of talk about caicedo et al at Chelsea without RDZ’s exact play they are a bit lost.
Tongue in cheek award of the season. At first I thought you were were talking about newby, up-and-coming, premiership-untested novice, young, wet-behind-the-ears, totally-unknown to Brighton supporters before last November, Lewes Dunk. Rather than Lewis Dunk, Brighton legend. I love a bit of 'loads of talk' on the Chelsea 'up the bridge of my nose' fan site, me. Love it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Levi Colwill admits Lallana persuaded him to stay at Chelsea this summer :ffsparr:

And having played under Mauricio Pochettino at Southampton, Lallana was quick to give the new Chelsea manager a glowing testimony when asked about him by Colwill.

“I have had conversations with Adam,” said Colwill. “And he told me about how much of a good guy he (Pochettino) was and he thinks he is a really good manager and I took that on board when I was making my decision.

“When I finally met him (Pochettino), I realised everything Adam said was true.”
Yes, and I'm not sure we can forgive Lallana for that!

BOOOOOOOOoooooo!

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
I have a feeling some of you may have been whooshed by an ironic post. I think I thought I nearly had been. Fess up, @HeaviestTed
No not really that sounds too complex for my simple and often feeble mind, as I understand it RDZ drills the boys well and gives them specific instructions with options 1,2,and 3 - the person with the ball goes down the list of options and other players are going through their 1,2,3’s finding space etc.

If players are drilled like this then playing more freely must be really hard.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No not really that sounds too complex for my simple and often feeble mind, as I understand it RDZ drills the boys well and gives them specific instructions with options 1,2,and 3 - the person with the ball goes down the list of options and other players are going through their 1,2,3’s finding space etc.

If players are drilled like this then playing more freely must be really hard.
Ah, OK. Then along with others I'd say that Dunky is a clever boy who has always looked good under different managers so he ought to be fine under a lesser manager than ours.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Levi and Lewis kissing?

Jordan Henderson won’t like that very much.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
Not sure it’s the change in style that’s causing Moises’s issues.

I think it’s all about the pressure being put on these young players at Chelsea.

They look terrified of making mistakes.
The look so terrified of making mistakes, but damn, are they willing to step up to the plate and make them!

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea

It's good Lallana was honest with his thoughts to Colwil, as all the other will value and respect his opinion in the future, knowing he has their interests at heart not just the clubs.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here