Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Let's make Chelsea a game where...

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
...the players can't help but give everything, and fight till the last ball.

It all starts with the atmosphere, and we need our players to know immediately this game is important to us as fans. It should be hostile, overbearing - I want it to fill our players with a nervous energy and give them that extra %, and drain the Chelsea players of any pre match smugness.

Let's embarass them. Make their reactionary fans implode with indignation. It is up to us to show that the club, our club, isn't to be played with or patted on the head as they loot and guy us for every inspired appointment, every carefully developed individual.

I want the place absolutely rocking. Games across history usually develop their needle out if very little. We've got more than enough to hold a petty grudge, so let's f***ing come out on top. Football is for the heart not the head sometimes, and while I have all the respect for every individual who has served our club well, let's take our frustration out on the oiled machine, the grubby anti-competition elitist top six.

UTA.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
As Halloween approaches, the Amex should be a cauldron. Hopefully, we can get the atmosphere brewing pre-match and spook the opposition. Let's show Boehly that's his vampirish leeching isn't a silver bullet and De Zerbi's magic is stronger than Potter's. By the end I hope their players are crying for their mummies whilst the Frankenstein coaching team look on like a bunch of pumpkins.

I'll be over the moon if we can carve out a victory and, though I have respect for what Potter did here, maybe we can put the first nail in his Chelsea coffin.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
It will be different - there'll be booing until Chelsea score their first goal at which point it will descend into silence broken only by the noise from the Chelsea fans. Or did I just dream all that???

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
ATTENTION NSK... try singing songs and doing chants that other people know
And how do you expect the NSK to know which chants and songs you and every other fan knows? If you don't like the NSK's songs, they have no monopoly. You can devise and sing your own chants.

Of course, it's always easier to have a snipe at a small group who do everything they possibly can to generate some kind of atmosphere than actually do something positive yourself.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Yeah right. This will never get close to a wankpuffin game in terms of atmosphere.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Well if this game doesn't generate at least a semi-cauldron of atmosphere, then there's very little chance of that thing happening at the Amex anytime soon
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, TH, we’ll always have ‘that’ Sheffield Wednesday game in the bank. You might remember it. There was also the Burnley game when we were down to 9 men. You might remember that one too.
:shootself :thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I wouldn’t worry about it too much, TH, we’ll always have ‘that’ Sheffield Wednesday game in the bank. You might remember it. There was also the Burnley game when we were down to 9 men. You might remember that one too.
:shootself :thumbsup:
Remember them both well mate. But those days are WAY too infrequent nowadays. Would be grand to add a top-up to that particular bank :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
This should get the hackles rising.....
Indeed, although it's somewhat reinforced my "why bother?" depression.

"There is nothing you can do to stop the relentless assault of the richest teams. The Premier League has an established food chain and its apex predators will feast when they want on who they want. Enjoy your quaint success, little clubs; someone will be along shortly to restore the natural order."

This ^^ in particular is depressingly true. Potter's even managed to turn this game into some kind of Cup Final for us, whereas I doubt they really give a shit about this as an individual game so long as they are challenging for a couple of trophies come May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here