Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lesley Ugochukwu signing for Chelsea

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I'm sure you're right. Even if we were looking at him he would be one of a list of 20?, 30? for that position (who knows).
Of course the club know to expect a certain attrition rate of clubs beating us to the punch.
or if we were it would be the replacement for Caicedos replacement doesn't seem a fit for the right now for us

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
You haven't really got it, have you?
Not really because they are loaning him out as he's not ready.
Like we did with Mac Allister, Caicedo, Mitoma, Adingra, etc, etc, etc.So A - he wasn't really our replacement. Just Chelsea Twitter fantasists imagining some sort of revenge.
You missed the bit where I said 'If true'................?
As a general point This, this idea that they are doing something clever and innovative and Brighton like just doesn't stand up.
If (with Winstanley's help) they are moving in on the gems we have identified, for relative peanuts, that is bordering on smart, wouldn't you agree?
The only thing they are doing differently is selling their experienced players.
Well yes. What their entitled fans haven'yt yet realised is that Poch is just Potter MkII - just foreign and a bit more famous - so therefore more acceptable to entitled but not very bright fans. Poch is doing exactly what Potter would be doing now - getting rid of over-paid deadwood, and particularly those players who, as entitled and pig-shit ignorant as the fans, felt they were doing Chelsea a favour and were outraged at beig asked to play for a managert not as famous as they thought they deserved.
They've already bought Santos, Casadei, Chuekwemeke, and now this guy for centre mid. But don't want to play any of them and STILL want to pursue Caicedo. That ain't succession planning. It's dìckhead planning.
Sorry to disillusion you - but that is planning - see above. It's exactly what we did with Macca, Moises, Mitoma, Adigra et al. As I said elsewhere, the one thing we couldn't do when they pinched Winstanley was to wipe his memory. Possibly they were all on our radar, available for 3 or 4 million quid, and heading for USG for a season.

And still no - they still can't f*cking have Caicedo and set his career back - unless they include Colwill in the deal, and Caicedo accepts he might not play in Europe in the near future.

Last edited:

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I would add to all this, I cannot see Ayari ever being Moises replacement. He looks like Alzate to me. Neat and tidy but not a wrecking ball..simply doesn't have the physicality or legs. We will have at least five players lined up if Moises does leave though.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
You haven't really got it, have you?

Like we did with Mac Allister, Caicedo, Mitoma, Adingra, etc, etc, etc.So A - he wasn't really our replacement. Just Chelsea Twitter fantasists imagining some sort of revenge.
You missed the bit where I said 'If true'................?

If (with Winstanley's help) they are moving in on the gems we have identified, for relative peanuts, that is bordering on smart, wouldn't you agree?

Well yes. What their entitled fans haven'yt yet realised is that Poch is just Potter MkII - just foreign and a bit more famous - so therefore more acceptable to entitled but not very bright fans. Poch is doing exactly what Potter would be doing now - getting rid of over-paid deadwood, and particularly those players who, as entitled and pig-shit ignorant as the fans, felt they were doing Chelsea a favour and were outraged at beig asked to play for a managert not as famous as they thought they deserved.

Sorry to disillusion you - but that is planning - see above. It's exactly what we did with Macca, Moises, Mitoma, Adigra et al. As I said elsewhere, the one thing we couldn't do when they pinched Winstanley was to wipe his memory. Possibly they were all on our radar, available for 3 or 4 million quid, and heading for USG for a season.

And still no - they still can't f*cking have Caicedo and set his career back - unless they include Colwill in the deal, and Caicedo accepts he might not play in Europe in the near future.
I think I have got it mate. We'll have to leave it at that.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Apparently this news puts pressure on us to lower Caicedo’s price and to sell him to Chelsea. Strange fan base.
This seems to be the imagined BS tactic according to the nonsense below. Chelsea will now bring the Caicedo fee down by offering us Lesley.

What a load of BS.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
This seems to be the imagined BS tactic according to the nonsense below. Chelsea will now bring the Caicedo fee down by offering us Lesley.

What a load of BS.

Wow its easy this journism lark isn't it. Don't even have to leave your bedroom. Just make up a load of horseshit.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004

What a load of BS.

It’s a very cunning plan but there are a couple of hurdles to overcome in this ambitious claim from Chelsea’s twitter oddballs.

1) PL rules prevent you signing a player and loaning to another PL club in the same window
2) we have not been linked with this player in any outlet
3) If he was a target replacement that would reduce the chance of us selling Caicedo.

Other than that pure genius

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
So Chelsea won't pay another £20M (allegedly) for what has been their first choice transfer target throughout the whole summer window, but will spend £23M for a player who is very similar but not as good, and whom they don't want to play and want to loan out for the season.

Can someone talk me through that plan :laugh:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It’s a very cunning plan but there are a couple of hurdles to overcome in this ambitious claim from Chelsea’s twitter oddballs.

1) PL rules prevent you signing a player and loaning to another PL club in the same window
2) we have not been linked with this player in any outlet
3) If he was a target replacement that would reduce the chance of us selling Caicedo.

Other than that pure genius
Not sure about no.1 - isn't the rule that a PL club cannot buy a player from another PL club and then loan him back? i.e. they can't buy Caicedo and loan him back, but no problem with this other player they've bought from Europe.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Not sure about no.1 - isn't the rule that a PL club cannot buy a player from another PL club and then loan him back? i.e. they can't buy Caicedo and loan him back, but no problem with this other player they've bought from Europe.
The rule is listed as follows which I am reading to be regardless of where signed from

Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The rule is listed as follows which I am reading to be regardless of where signed from

Premier League clubs cannot loan to another Premier League club a player they have acquired in the same transfer window.
OK, fair enough.

Still no deal thank you though (anyway, Warren says no.....PERLeeeease no!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here