Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Les McKeown RIP

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wonder if Johnnie Walker with give one of the Rollers songs a spin to celebrate Les' life.

My sister had the Rollers Albums and singles in the 70s, fortunately I had control of the hi-fi.

Far too young to die, and no doubt the faithful fans will be heartbroken.

I hope it wasn't a different Johnnie Walker that did for him in the end.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I recall that documentary(BBC?) a decade or so ago. They were one of many that got royally screwed over in that manner.

Tom Patton royally screwed children in the other manner too. Les claimed he was raped by him.

Dorset Seagull

Once Dolphin, Now Seagull
I seem to recall one of the band either did time or was accused of being of the same persuasion as a Mr Glitter but dont recall the exact facts.

Edit
Just checked and it was Longmuir who did 300 hours of community service for having dodgy pics on his computer

RIP Les

Last edited:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Midge Ure - Rich Kids, yeh, but Thin Lizzy? Seriously, did anybody ever get near a mike when Lynott was around and wanting to be the front man?

IIRC he stepped in for a tour after Hove's very own Gary Moore went AWOL, which always brings me back to

I don't know whether you remember the Ranelagh in St James street, but there could have been no more than 20 in the audience if they were all packed in and slim :eek:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
IIRC he stepped in for a tour after Hove's very own Gary Moore went AWOL, which always brings me back to

I don't know whether you remember the Ranelagh in St James street, but there could have been no more than 20 in the audience if they were all packed in and slim :eek:

Awesome. I seem to recall I knew about this but for reasons missed it . . . . Up there with Miller playing in the Duke on a Wednesday evening . . . . With an old mate . . . . Mick Ronson.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Sort of agree with the first bit. Agree with the second bit too, but actually The Rollers were a far better band -with much better personnel - before their thankfully short period of fame. Pilot may not have had a great deal of commercial success, but they were a far, far better band than the Rollers - so musically at least it was a good move for the lads who left the Rollers to form the better band.

And all the members of Pilot then went on to work with The Alan Parsons Project. Quite a leap in musical credibility from the Bay City Rollers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here