Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leicester City charged with alleged PSR breach

el punal

Surely an indictment of the city when your defence of it is mostly limited to the number of ways to leave it!

But in seriousness, I have always found it to be 'okay'.
Yes, it is okay. My comments were obviously tongue in cheek. I will relate a story from when we drew 1-1 with Saints with a Neil Maupay equaliser in the 98th minute. I was in the Giddy Bridge pub waiting for my Albion mates to turn up. The place had a fair number of Saints fans and one of them asked me where I lived. Bitterne, I answered - by the way I was wearing a Albion shirt. Why aren’t you a Saints then, was the question. I replied, I live in Southampton but I don’t come from here I’m a Sussex boy. He just didn’t get it and insisted that I should support Saints - cue face palm from his mates.

It was then I informed Mr. Thicky that I would catch the train from Southampton to Brighton on match days and that often I’d see Brighton based Saints fans board the train at Brighton to go to Southampton. Same difference I said. His head then exploded in sheer bewilderment at this juncture. His mates then put him back in his box for safekeeping. :drink:

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I lived in S’ton for a uni term. After coming from a similar sized conurbation but vibrant Brighton, crikey S’ton was fkn boring. Nightlife was just a Mayflower Top Rank Suite and a small club/wine bar in the centre. Hermann Göring and post war planners had turned the entire centre into a concrete dump, bar a few yards of Roman wall.
Pity Hermann isn't still going strong

HyperTony

May 20, 2023
I work in Southampton and know equal numbers of Pompey and Saints fans. I would prefer Saints to not be promoted for at least 1 more season so the rivalry can go up a notch, i can play the shitehouse role between them. It's also very enjoyable patronising Saints fans, having been on the end of it for many years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here