Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leeds United vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So, with Sanchez playing, he saves both shots but concedes a soft one and we win 2-1. I'll take that.
Obviously I'd take that too if we can be sure that is what would've happened. But we're not, so it's all a bit pointless.

The first Leeds equaliser was lucky anyway, if it hadn't clipped Webster's outstretched leg it would never have gone in - Steele, Sanchez or 1970s Gordon Banks.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Bamford. He's always a handful isn't he - and he was again today. Not just his goals - but his little touches and passes setting players away. I was glad to see him go off, but then they bought on Gnonto instead - and he caused no end of problems for us.
Behave, Bamford is a championship level striker IMO. You didn’t watch the same game as me. He was anonymous for the most part, one speculative shot which was going straight at Steele….
We absolutely bossed that first half, a massive slice of luck changed the game, along with some woeful finishing, again, from Mac. Although we could learn something from Bamford, if you don’t shoot…..

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The ref really pissed me off with some of the tackles he let Leeds get away with early in the game, especially against Ali Mac but as the game went on it was clear he was trying to let the game flow and treated tackles from both sides in the same manner.

Although I was irritated that we didn’t win, that was a very watchable game of football with very few histrionics, virtually no gamesmanship and a ref who didn‘t crave the limelight.

:thumbsup: for the ref

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
Having just watched the highlights to be fair to Leeds they scored two very well taken goals so maybe not such a bad result, but it sounded like we had plenty of chances to score though and Welbeck should’ve just gone round the keeper on the one on one IMO and then either he can just tap in to an empty net or the keeper would probably bring him down.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here