Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Leeds & Burnley threaten legal action against Everton

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
After one of these 2 are relegated (hopefully weeds utd) i bet Burnley will pull out of any legal action.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I think the key words are "this season". Clearly there is no way a conclusion to this could be arrived at in the next couple of months before next season starts, so any points deduction would need to occur next season. This wouldn't benefit either Burnley or Leeds, but they COULD be financially compensated.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Best scenario is:

1) Everton get docked enough points next season so that the season is a prolonged agony for the fans and they get relegated at the end.

2) Dirty Leeds to be relegated tomorrow, quickly followed by an exodus of their best players.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
I think the key words are "this season". Clearly there is no way a conclusion to this could be arrived at in the next couple of months before next season starts, so any points deduction would need to occur next season. This wouldn't benefit either Burnley or Leeds, but they COULD be financially compensated.

I doubt there is any way the PL will punish Everton. The possibility (and it is only a possibility) is that there could be a legal settlement where the relegated club sues the PL for not following its own ruiles - like with the West Ham / sheffield United / Tevez fiasco, it wouldn't cancel the relegation, it would just provide financial compensation.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Desperate stuff when clubs invoke legal action to save their skins.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
It’s time FFP was scrapped. It’’s not fit for purpose and some clubs will always find ways of flouting it!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Best scenario is:

1) Everton get docked enough points next season so that the season is a prolonged agony for the fans and they get relegated at the end.

2) Dirty Leeds to be relegated tomorrow, quickly followed by an exodus of their best players.

Does the departure of onebloke count as an exodus? Wouldn't it be an exodum? Sorry I got only a grade 3 for my Latin GCE.

Pedicabo te, Ledes

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It’s time FFP was scrapped. It’’s not fit for purpose and some clubs will always find ways of flouting it!

To be replaced by what?

Thank the lord you weren't in charge of road safety when drink driving limits were first mooted. Or speed limits near schools. We can't stop all them speedsters, so let the children die! Or something. :facepalm:

:wink: I know what you mean....but better rules are better than no rules when some rules are required. Innit?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Shirley an open and shut case. Either they blatantly cheated or the rules were changed/suspended for covid. Know that’s not realistic but should take 2 mins to sort either way.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Does the departure of onebloke count as an exodus? Wouldn't it be an exodum? Sorry I got only a grade 3 for my Latin GCE.

Pedicabo te, Ledes

The -us and -um endings are nothing to do with singular and plural, just whether the word they end is the subject or object of a sentence. Anyway, exodus is already singular. And it's from Greek 'exodos' , meaning the way out (ex, out, + hodos, road).

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020

Pedicabo te, Ledes

Count yourself lucky you still remember what grades you got.

I googled Ledes, and discovered it was a very minor place in Roman Times; a hamlet at best. Let's hope it returns to being a backwater in the Championship later today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here