Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Lee Bowyer - future England manager?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Next England manager will be Potter.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I've read a few interviews with him where he said he matured a lot after retiring as a player. True or not, no idea.

As for Lyle Taylor, he performed well under Bowyer in Charlton. Just like in the case of Grabban, I think he would be a decent Championship player if he was allowed to do something else than chasing shadows in the mid circle.

That was a division lower when Taylor played for Charlton.

As for Grabban. I had a season ticket at Millwall for over 20 years. He is woeful. Really lazy and hopeless at Championship level. Each time they sent him down a division on loan at Rotherham he was OK but every time Millwall brought him back he was hopeless and lazy. He has an attitude issue. He likes to float around where he wants and if goals come they come. Does he want to work hard. Absolutely not. Ask any Millwall fan and they will say the same about him.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
That was a division lower when Taylor played for Charlton.

As for Grabban. I had a season ticket at Millwall for over 20 years. He is woeful. Really lazy and hopeless at Championship level. Each time they sent him down a division on loan at Rotherham he was OK but every time Millwall brought him back he was hopeless and lazy. He has an attitude issue. He likes to float around where he wants and if goals come they come. Does he want to work hard. Absolutely not. Ask any Millwall fan and they will say the same about him.

The guy has scored 100 goals in the Championship. No doubt that he by all accounts is a troublemaker (who CH named captain today btw) but he is not hopeless in the Championship.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The guy has scored 100 goals in the Championship. No doubt that he by all accounts is a troublemaker (who CH named captain today btw) but he is not hopeless in the Championship.

He was Captain at the Club before CH went to Forest.

That would be the perfect way to alienate your top goal scorer if you go in and remove the Captaincy. He has got no other strikers signed.

Grabban is hopeless. You make these statements based on having seen him how many times ?

I watched him week after week live in the ground at Millwall. He is rubbish

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He was Captain at the Club before CH went to Forest.

That would be the perfect way to alienate your top goal scorer if you go in and remove the Captaincy. He has got no other strikers signed.

Grabban is hopeless. You make these statements based on having seen him how many times ?

I watched him week after week live in the ground at Millwall. He is rubbish

Many times.

He scored 99 of those 100 goals after leaving Millwall. Maybe he was rubbish, but he isnt.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Oh dear ..since the thread was started they’ve played four …lost three drawn one ..conceded nine goals and scored only one ..hmmm

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Isn’t half of their ground still shut due to building works not passing the safety certificate on something like that.

Surprised actually, on my last visit to St.Andrew's, for that infamous 2-1 win & Glenn's late late winner when he sprinted the length of the field, (very un-Glenn like!), to celebrate in front of us, the ground was reasonably full. Bags of atmosphere too, though admittedly much of that was generated by us ttavelling fans.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surprised actually, on my last visit to St.Andrew's, for that infamous 2-1 win & Glenn's late late winner when he sprinted the length of the field, (very un-Glenn like!), to celebrate in front of us, the ground was reasonably full. Bags of atmosphere too, though admittedly much of that was generated by us ttavelling fans.

Ooooh I think that’s a good enough reason to post this

https://youtu.be/9qxsOgA-LqI

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Their recent poor run of form seems to have coincided with Troy Deeney's arrival. Free transfer, coming in on much higher wages than every other player in the Birmingham City team/squad.

Hmmm, let me think about this for a second....:rant::guns:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A crying shame. Birmingham City are one of the true sleeping giants of English football, huge support and an atmosphere unrivalled practically anywhere. True they are located in one of the most deprived areas of the whole country and it is the only place I've been subjected to homophobic abuse as a member of our travelling audience but still a club that really belongs in the EPL.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
A crying shame. Birmingham City are one of the true sleeping giants of English football, huge support and an atmosphere unrivalled practically anywhere. True they are located in one of the most deprived areas of the whole country and it is the only place I've been subjected to homophobic abuse as a member of our travelling audience but still a club that really belongs in the EPL.

The only issue l have with what you say, is the final part. No club "belongs" in the EPL, the likes of Accrington Stanley or Harrogate Town for example, have just as much right to play there as Birmingham City, irrespective of how much support, (or the lack of it), that they may generate.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Sounds like they 'belong' in a cave along with every other neanderthal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here