Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Last game of the season...

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Personally I hope Wolves are safe by then. Not that I care much for Wolves, but we could do without a team battling to stay up, or having a relegation party if we need points to make the play offs.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I am having reoccurring nightmares about the last game of the season (seriously!!). I think it could realistically be a game where both teams need to win. Possibly leading to a cagey draw, leaving both sets of fans disappointed.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Personally I hope Wolves are safe by then. Not that I care much for Wolves, but we could do without a team battling to stay up, or having a relegation party if we need points to make the play offs.

Agreed. Ideally they would secure safety the week before after a gargantuan effort that leaves them knackered physically and emotionally, meaning they don't care what happens on the last day.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I am having reoccurring nightmares about the last game of the season (seriously!!). I think it could realistically be a game where both teams need to win. Possibly leading to a cagey draw, leaving both sets of fans disappointed.

Ipswich at home a couple of years ago , with a similar scenario springs to mind.

Or we could have a double celebration such a Notts County two years ago!!

Last edited:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Ideally both teams would need a draw.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Also, cardiff play hull on the final day- what a game that could be

Jimmy Grimble

Agreed. Ideally they would secure safety the week before after a gargantuan effort that leaves them knackered physically and emotionally, meaning they don't care what happens on the last day.

This is what we want.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I can see it now. Wolves need a point to stay up, we need a point for 6th, and after they suffer a dodgy run, if we get that point, Palace finish 7th

:D:banana::O

I can't see Palace dropping out of the play-offs TBH.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Wolves are a digusting team, with a dreadful manager.

I think it is the perfect last match of the season, if we can't beat Wolves at home, whether they have something riding on it or not then we do not deserve to get a play-off spot.

Finally Falmer

Jul 18, 2010
Wolves are a digusting team, with a dreadful manager.

I think it is the perfect last match of the season, if we can't beat Wolves at home, whether they have something riding on it or not then we do not deserve to get a play-off spot.

What's disgusting about Wolves ?! (Apart from their kit :) ) I quite like Wolves - they're a proper club with a decent fanbase, good history and have like us, sunk right down to the depths of near oblivion.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
What's disgusting about Wolves ?! (Apart from their kit :) ) I quite like Wolves - they're a proper club with a decent fanbase, good history and have like us, sunk right down to the depths of near oblivion.

The club is ok, I meant the players and buffoon of a manager.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I personally think we should be safely in a top six spot by then, will just be a case of who we end up facing. Boro are in free fall, Burnley are very much a home form team and Huddersfield aren't very good. We should be in the top six by 5pm next Saturday and I fully expect us to stay there.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

and we are a bogey team to them, always seem to get a result. (apart from conceeding 98th minutes levellers)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here