Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Landline / Broadband

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
My contract for home is up for renewal. Vodafone, who I'm with and haven't let me down for 24 months, are offering 100mb but no phone line. Calls are via VoIP.
When I asked, sales girl was vague about my landline number so can someone on here give me a definitave answer to the following.
Will I keep my exsisting number when I change to VoIP?
In 24 months, should I then change to another provider, can I still keep my number?

SAC

May 21, 2014
When Virgin went from landline to VOIP in my area, we kept the same number. No reason why Vodaphone wont be the same.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
My contract for home is up for renewal. Vodafone, who I'm with and haven't let me down for 24 months, are offering 100mb but no phone line. Calls are via VoIP.
When I asked, sales girl was vague about my landline number so can someone on here give me a definitave answer to the following.
In 24 months, should I then change to another provider, can I still keep my number?
Yes and yes, albeit not all "Full Fibre" internet providers are supporting VoIP at the moment.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given Vodaphone are an ISP they will be running SIP to your house and so you should be able to keep your number. The beauty, or downside in some circumstances, is that SIP allows you to become unreagionalised so you could live in Newcastle but have an 01273 number - kind of fools people into thinking you're where your phone number is rather than where you really are.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
We are with BT and have broadband but no number . We were fed up with scammers and it’s a relief that has finished.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We've gone over to computer / internet based phones at work. I still have the same 'landline' number - but can answer it wherever I am, three different offices, my loft and even on my mobile!

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just switched to Virgin (fibre) and VoIP and retained the same number.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here