Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Lallana's Post-Match Interview

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
You never know. Perhaps he was one of the ones on the end of a fierce rollocking from RDZ?

In a team of youngsters that lack experience you need your senior pros to step up and carry them to an extent and, for the first time this season, I don't think they did. Webster was poor, Steele's confidence looks to be on the rocks, Lallana didn't have much influence at all, GroB was well below his usual standard when he came on, and Estupinan looked a shadow of his usual self. Only Veltman and Dunk came out of it with any credit and even they were both 6/10s tops.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
You never know. Perhaps he was one of the ones on the end of a fierce rollocking from RDZ?

In a team of youngsters that lack experience you need your senior pros to step up and carry them to an extent and, for the first time this season, I don't think they did. Webster was poor, Steele's confidence looks to be on the rocks, Lallana didn't have much influence at all, GroB was well below his usual standard when he came on, and Estupinan looked a shadow of his usual self. Only Veltman and Dunk came out of it with any credit and even they were both 6/10s tops.
How many 'youngsters' played on Saturday who need a senior pro to help them through the game? Baleba. Ferguson is young but no longer 'green'. IMO I'd have welcomed another couple of 'youngsters' starting on Saturday as they might have injected some energy. As an example for me the main ingredient Hinchelwood brings apart from being a good player is massive energy, we are missing it.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
How many 'youngsters' played on Saturday who need a senior pro to help them through the game? Baleba. Ferguson is young but no longer 'green'. IMO I'd have welcomed another couple of 'youngsters' starting on Saturday as they might have injected some energy. As an example for me the main ingredient Hinchelwood brings apart from being a good player is massive energy, we are missing it.
You make a fair point, but Ferguson and Baleba are precisely the youngsters of whom I was thinking. Ferguson may well not be "green", but he is still inexperienced and very young for a PL footballer. Pairing a raw teenager like Baleba with a young centre back like JP meant that you needed Dunk and Lallana to really coach them through the game.

Anyway, it was just a thought, not a hill on which I'm prepared to die

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm not going to try and draw any conclusions from it, but it was far from a typical Adam Lallana interview. He's usually very measured and articulate.

He looked completely shell-shocked, almost on the verge of tears. Most unusual.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
I'm not going to try and draw any conclusions from it, but it was far from a typical Adam Lallana interview. He's usually very measured and articulate.

He looked completely shell-shocked, almost on the verge of tears. Most unusual.
Perhaps he had realised post match that he himself was awful on the pitch and time to hang the boots up.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
He’s clearly hurting, as I suspect were the whole dressing room he’d left behind for the interview. He talks about no blame as there have been a catalogue of horrible mistakes that have cost us games. He talks about unity as that is what he knows it takes to come through these spells.

I’m mystified why anyone is struggling with his interview or finds any of it weird.
The last couple of weeks have hardly been the best preparation for Roma.

Doug-ees-evil

Nov 18, 2011
I think fan's intuition on these types of post-match interviews, press comments etc, is pretty good more often than not. Have to say it was a very uncomfortable watch seeing Adam Lallana so clearly flustered, rattled, upset – and so un-Adam Lallana like. This is a top pro who's won it all and experienced most things football can chuck at him.

I agree with other posters that this does hint at some sort of dressing room bust-up, post-match mud-slinging session. Far from ideal prep ahead of what is arguably the club's biggest and most important fixture in its history. Just hope the dust has settled and that it's all behind them now and that it is being used as a galvansing force for an incredibly tough match on Thursday, (sans Pedro + Mitoma). Needs RDZ, management and senior pros to pull everyone together fast. Let's hope so.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here