[Albion] Adam Lallana **Leaving Summer 2024**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
He has something lined up elsewhere I take it. Perhaps a player coach role? Stains would welcome him on their Championship journey next year.
I think you might well be right. That feels like the move he’d make. Suspect he wanted the guarantee of playing time and we probably couldn’t give him that.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Aren't his family in Southampton?

"I genuinely do feel I'll be back here in some capacity in the future." Good to hear from a man who has been a great servant on and off the pitch and I think he'll be a great coach :thumbsup:
if so i could definitely see him on a one year deal back there!

reading the article though, i took him saying that he’s been away from his family for four years to mean he’s been away since he left liverpool

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Pleased about this - as long as Gross stays.

Everything that Lallana offers , is provided by Gross .Obviously Gross adds a lot more on the pitch.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I think you might well be right. That feels like the move he’d make. Suspect he wanted the guarantee of playing time and we probably couldn’t give him that.
I doubt he would be in a position to ask for guaranteed playing time.
More likely we insisted on wages dependent on playing time.

Super Sub

Aug 13, 2016
I wish Adam all of the best but from a playing perspective, this is the right thing to happen.

My hope is that we can now push Gross higher up the pitch to compete with Enciso for the 10 role and that a new Beast + Barkley will be bought in to play alongside Billy

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
From facebook:

Thank you, Brighton.
It’s always sad when something comes to an end, but the overriding feeling I will have leaving this amazing football club is gratitude.
I am so appreciative to Mr Bloom, Paul Barber, David Weir and all of the fantastic staff for the opportunities and support they have given me since arriving four years ago.
When I joined, BHAFC was an upwardly mobile club. It was ambitious and hungry to take the next step. We’ve actually made massive strides, not only by establishing ourselves as a presence in the Premier League but by qualifying for Europe and giving the supporters memories that’ll last a lifetime.
I don’t think I’ve ever hidden my support and admiration for the managers I’ve been lucky to work under. Graham Potter was so important for us and helped set an agenda for brave, attacking football. I loved working with Graham and his staff and his role in Brighton’s progress should never be underestimated.
Our current boss, Mr De Zerbi, is a genius. I’ll never tire of saying it. I’ve learned more from him than I ever thought possible. I’ve never worked with anyone who has a passion for football like this man does. I owe Roberto more than he’ll ever realise and I’m certain he’ll achieve great things in the game he’s dedicated his life to.
This current BHAFC team is absolutely packed with talent and potential. I’ve played alongside some great pros in my time here and they’ve all been top lads as well as brilliant on the pitch. It’s been a privilege to share a dressing room with them and I wish every single one nothing but success going forward.
Finally, it’s often said that Brighton & Hove Albion is a superbly run football club – and, by the way, it is. But I think by constantly pointing to that, it does it a disservice because it’s also a club full of warmth and full of soul. The supporters are knowledgeable and appreciative. It’s such a special place, this Sussex by the sea.
But this message is a simple one: to everyone connected with Brighton & Hove Albion, I want to say a heartfelt thank you for everything you’ve given me and my family.
With love,
Adam

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Some may say it frees up a place for another wonderkid...but you can't put a price on the experience that goes with an older player. He'll be missed.
It's a shame we can't ship out some of the brain dead arseholes on this forum.....ah,well
Nope. No-one is thinking that.

Plenty of us thinking about freeing up wages for an experienced player that will be able to complete 90 minutes once a week.

Miximate

Aug 30, 2012
Mid Sussex
With apologies, am I the only one that doesn’t get the whole ‘he’s good for the changing room’ chat for him and others involved in football?
We already have several experienced players/staff in the squad and set up and I always struggle to see how paying someone six figures per week to shout encouragement from the touch line and in the changing room is a good use of money. We have the Brighton Bard who could do an excellent job (probably) at a fraction of the price!

Maybe it’s just me??

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Been great for us but even this season has felt like one too many at times. Pleased we haven’t made a sentimental decision. Hopefully we do the same with Milner
He was offered a contract but it’s his decision to turn it down. See his interview on this thread.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Been great for us but even this season has felt like one too many at times. Pleased we haven’t made a sentimental decision. Hopefully we do the same with Milner
""I’ve been in talks with Roberto for the past couple of months and he expressed his wish for me to stay and keep playing."

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Aren't his family in Southampton?

"I genuinely do feel I'll be back here in some capacity in the future." Good to hear from a man who has been a great servant on and off the pitch and I think he'll be a great coach :thumbsup:

I always thought they were down somewhere near Poole.

He'll be a big loss, clearly well liked in the dressing room, a great role model for younger players. Hopefully he can get on the pitch in the next two games to get the send off he deserves.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I always thought there were down somewhere near Poole.
Yeah, that's possible. If it was Southampton, have may have been able to commute, but much further west would've been a ballache.

Not that it's anything to do with any of us, but I wonder if the way he was in that interview the other week (can't remember the game, but it was a defeat), when he didn't come across as himself – according to some – was anything to do with it?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
With apologies, am I the only one that doesn’t get the whole ‘he’s good for the changing room’ chat for him and others involved in football?
We already have several experienced players/staff in the squad and set up and I always struggle to see how paying someone six figures per week to shout encouragement from the touch line and in the changing room is a good use of money. We have the Brighton Bard who could do an excellent job (probably) at a fraction of the price!

Maybe it’s just me??
I'm glad he's not signed an extension, but i would still have liked to see him at the club in a coaching role.
His experience and the expectation of the levels required from the players was very useful.

He hasn't announced his retirement, which seems that he is looking to continue playing.
I assumed he was looking to keep a player's wage for as many seasons as possible, and that appears to be the case.

I'm not sure why he feels that is a sensible option, when considering the amount of minutes he's achieved over the past 3 seasons.
But good luck to him. He's helped take us up a level.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Fair enough. I think it’s the right time too. Great personality to have around, and hopefully we’ll see him back here in a coaching capacity at some point, but his impact on the pitch was getting less and less. It probably says a lot that in a game like the Newcastle one, where we need calm heads to see out the game, he wasn’t brought on. Sad to see him go but I think the wages could now be better used.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yeah, that's possible. If it was Southampton, have may have been able to commute, but much further west would've been a ballache.

Not that it's anything to do with any of us, but I wonder if the way he was in that interview the other week (can't remember the game, but it was a defeat), when he didn't come across as himself – according to some – was anything to do with it?
He lives in sandbanks

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Leaving the Albion.

The poor woman at the open training day who wouldn't stop shouting his name for aaaaaages, will probably be crying at this news. :cry:

He's been great for us, I'll be sad to see him go, hope he does come back in the future.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
I think he's been superb under RDZ and really quite an important part of the transition from GPotz to RDZ.

However, there were points in the bad run where he looked basically immobile for the role he was supposed to be playing. The legs have gone, even if the mind is still more than good enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports