Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] King Kayal!

Poppett63

Jul 16, 2011
King Kayal, like his friend Tomer Hemed, has never ever let us down and only ever brought good things to this club. I will always have the utmost respect for both of them

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amaxing!! How is this a dig at him by stating the obvious?

You were saying he was league one at best when he was here.......amongst other criticisms - so couldn’t wait to grab the opportunity for a last poke. I can’t be arsed to go and find your repeated critical posts about him (obviously too many to sift through, would take forever). Don’t bother replying, I’m not going to.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
King Kayal, like his friend Tomer Hemed, has never ever let us down and only ever brought good things to this club. I will always have the utmost respect for both of them

Both legends for me. Not legends like Bobby but legends like Bruno & Calde or Sidwell & Rosenior. Great servants, great attitude and fantastic players. Pivotal in our journey to the prem and both helped us stay here. Will always remember them fondly.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Couldnt just let it go. When he left us his days at the top were obviously over so the next step down was the Championship but I thought that even that was too much for him but that he would thrive in League 1. Due to injurys this has proved to be correct and I cannot see another Championship club , unless a struggling one, taking a punt on him so the obvious is League 1 where he will do well. This is all of course subject to staying injury free.

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I think the ideal scenario is his rehab goes well, our season goes well enough that survival is assured, Kayal gets some minutes in an away game and starts the final home game of the season, and is subbed off at any point except half time to heartfelt applause, then goes up to directors box where someone senior from his yet to be announced next club has a friendly chat with him.

Absolutely love Kayal, would love to see this happen. Still think he can serve as a midfield sub if at full health for us...

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Absolutely love Kayal, would love to see this happen. Still think he can serve as a midfield sub if at full health for us...

I think Potterball could suit him. He did well last season but was too attacking for Hughton.
He may have a fair few ahead of him but if we’re struck by the kind of injury crisis Newcastle and Bournemouth have, he could be very useful.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Saw Kayal in Withdean gym yesterday actually, I had a Brighton top on and we gave each other a little nod.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
If he doesn’t go back out on loan I’d be more than happy with him being added to the PL squad replacing Crofts if we have the space in the 25 man squad. His experience could be vital.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
If he doesn’t go back out on loan I’d be more than happy with him being added to the PL squad replacing Crofts if we have the space in the 25 man squad. His experience could be vital.

Not only that, i'm fairly sure if he did play then BG would explode with rage.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Both legends for me. Not legends like Bobby but legends like Bruno & Calde or Sidwell & Rosenior. Great servants, great attitude and fantastic players. Pivotal in our journey to the prem and both helped us stay here. Will always remember them fondly.
100% this. Re both posts.

I think you only have to scroll up in this thread to see BG being made to look a complete TURNIP by his constant assertion that Kayal couldn't play in the PL. He did, he could. And he always gave us his best.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Couldnt just let it go. When he left us his days at the top were obviously over so the next step down was the Championship but I thought that even that was too much for him but that he would thrive in League 1. Due to injurys this has proved to be correct and I cannot see another Championship club , unless a struggling one, taking a punt on him so the obvious is League 1 where he will do well. This is all of course subject to staying injury free.

Kinda unproven.......due to injuries
This time next week you’ll have him playing non league :D

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I’d definitely had a couple of drinks that night!

He was outstanding in that game, I still maintain that was one of the best individual performances we’ve seen from an Albion player in the premier league. Up there with Mooy against Bournemouth.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
totally unproven ... also kind of odd that an injured player can play in League 1, must go and catch a game sometime to see how that works

It is dependant on the injury as I am sure that players have played for us in the lower leagues when nursing an injury that would be exposed if playing in The Premier as the demand is greater. His undoubted ability at that level would disguise a possible minor injury.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It is dependant on the injury as I am sure that players have played for us in the lower leagues when nursing an injury that would be exposed if playing in The Premier as the demand is greater. His undoubted ability at that level would disguise a possible minor injury.

i've just farted, i didn't mean to....... sorry

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here