Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] King and Queen

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Is the King & Queen still the best place to watch football in central(ish) Brighton?

I haven’t watched a Brighton game at a pub in Brighton for ages so just refreshing my knowledge.

Needs to be child friendly too as I’ll have my 6 year old nephew in tow. Along with his Hungarian uncle who’s over for the weekend. So got to give a good impression to the foreign folk.

Thanks!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
King and Queen will be rammed with foreigners although you and your uncle might struggle with the language barrier.

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
King and Queen will be rammed with foreigners although you and your uncle might struggle with the language barrier.

As long as it’s not rammed with Liverpool fans.

Was also thinking that maybe Walkabout might be a good shout as nearer the beach and if my nephew gets bored of us missing the goal he could go to the beach with his mum.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Certainly the best place to watch Albion vs Liverpool :wink:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As long as it’s not rammed with Liverpool fans.

Was also thinking that maybe Walkabout might be a good shout as nearer the beach and if my nephew gets bored of us missing the goal he could go to the beach with his mum.

It will be FA Cup straight after our final whistle and despite being staunch and passionate Liverpool fans I doubt any are going to Wembley.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
All the Plastic Liverpool fans have moved on to The Font now haven’t they?

Jul 7, 2003
Craft Beer Co might be better. Decent choice of beer, food is okay but also there are smaller rooms with TVs upstairs which may be more suitable with a youngster.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Once DJ'd a wedding in there, back in the day.

I once DJ'd a birthday party at the K&Q Pub, small upstairs room. Birthday guy was a Spurs fan and for his birthday was taken to a game on the day. Not sure where the game was but neither he nor his mates turned up. I played to an audience of 10 but still got paid. Had a good time though.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
King and Queen decent for football. Don't worry about the scouse brigade, they won't be there. Also you won't get the, no surrender to the ira, lot you sometimes get for England games.

Nobody who works there cares if kids are milling around upstairs playing pool and table football. Not a bad bet

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I once DJ'd a birthday party at the K&Q Pub, small upstairs room. Birthday guy was a Spurs fan and for his birthday was taken to a game on the day. Not sure where the game was but neither he nor his mates turned up. I played to an audience of 10 but still got paid. Had a good time though.

Ever though of teaming up with PotG?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IaQCr4PIsHE

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Using conventional pub rock to get the multitudes dancing and the chance for the best man to get into the chief bridesmaid is not a matter for ridicule.

You have my utmost respect :bowdown:

:wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here