Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kevin Friend ref on Saturday

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
That was far and away the worst, one sided, big team bias, disgusting display by a ref I have ever witnessed.
It still pisses me off!

Gross gets his shirt pulled.....nothing
same passage of play....Salah gets his shirt pulled...Free kick
over and over again! same fouls, same outcome.

Then at 0-1 he decided that he'd use up injury time to explain in detail to the Liverpool players why he wasn't going to book them.

he was never going to let Liverpool not win.
Yep,the Scousers friend. Some of the Liverpool players laughed their way off the pitch

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
He’s simply shit.

During every Kevin Friend match he’s a controversial talking point, often the centre of attention, I wonder if he quite likes that?

With Martin Atkinson, a career full of blunders costing clubs.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I would love to see European refs in the PL, they stamp down with authority early doors not scared to go make decisions against the top sides. There is a reason why none of our refs went to the World Cup.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
This thread is exactly the reason I like VAR and believe it helps balance games back a bit more in our favour.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Poorest crop of refs I can remember, exacerbated by the fact that with VAR, you get 2 bellends for the price of one.
But hopefully the one off pitch at Stockley Park is our bellend - the one who ensures the decisions are correct, not biased. Remember the West Ham bellend was happy to chalk off Murray's goal till Stockley Park got involved.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ex ref Peter Walton and Bath Uni assessed all key potential errors by officials for 2017/18 (disallowed goals that should have stood or vice versa, and sending offs wrongly given or wrongly not given), giving a corrective table on the right. We would’ve finished 9th in a perfect world. Costing the club many £m. There’s no evidence that the top 6 all gained overall, it’s a mixed bag.

CFD5560A-7AF4-488F-8388-2346817A59BC.png

The same study for 2018/19 concluded that we would’ve easily finished in the bottom 3, but I can’t find a hypothetical final points table.

It will interesting to see if VAR does significantly reduce the impact of errors per club over a season.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
The actual table and the luck index are't too dissimilar, which proves you make your own luck. The teams down the bottom were there for a reason as were the teams at the top

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here