Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Keeping RDZ at Brighton for as long as possible

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I think that's what was rather disappointing about Potter for a lot of people. We were hoping that he would buy into the challenge of seeing how far he could go with Brighton, but instead he just jumped at the chance to go to a so-called big club as soon as they came waving money around. Ultimately in a way the same thing would apply to De Zerbi if he were to go and get success at a big club: big deal, he won the CL/PL with Man U/City/Chelsea etc. If he wins trophies with a big club, he'd only be doing what dozens of others have before. If he does it with us, he'll be doing something no one has done before. He already has done something no one has before by taking us into Europe (as he alluded to when he said that it's a greater thing than winning the PL with a big club, which shows that he, unlike Potter, gets it).
Sorry, but let's get real. If (and, granted, it's a bit of a long shot) Pep wins the treble or something next season and decides he wants a new challenge and they come knocking for RDZ, how on earth (and why?) would he turn it down?

Completely different setup to Chelsea and the potential to put his wits in the CL (not AS likely with Brighton, let's be honest) and manage the best team in the country. He's be mad to stay with that on the table. And, as I've said before with other managers in that situation, he might live to regret the decision, which could impact on his Albion squad.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Barber in a recent interview says 99% of the talk about our players moving on is complete fabrication, also went on to say there is no deal with Liverpool for Mac in place. He doesn’t strike me as a liar so let the pundits talk away dreaming of our players pulling on the shirt for their favourite teams.

Midget

Concourse Kabe. *Posts may be affected by alcohol.
Aug 16, 2015
Lurking
Sorry, but let's get real. If (and, granted, it's a bit of a long shot) Pep wins the treble or something next season and decides he wants a new challenge and they come knocking for RDZ, how on earth (and why?) would he turn it down?

Completely different setup to Chelsea and the potential to put his wits in the CL (not AS likely with Brighton, let's be honest) and manage the best team in the country. He's be mad to stay with that on the table. And, as I've said before with other managers in that situation, he might live to regret the decision, which could impact on his Albion squad.
I don't think he'd turn down City, because they would be a good De Zerbi ball side as well as a good next step for him.

My hope is that he turns down everywhere else in the meantime, as he seems to have done so far, touch wood.

Maybe unrealistic, but as I say, a hope not a prediction.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I don't think he'd turn down City, because they would be a good De Zerbi ball side as well as a good next step for him.

My hope is that he turns down everywhere else in the meantime, as he seems to have done so far, touch wood.

Maybe unrealistic, but as I say, a hope not a prediction.
The somewhat natural City link/next step is probably WHY he would turn down everywhere else (assuming things are still going well for him at the Albion).

At the moment, why would he go anywhere else?

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
IMG_5082.jpeg

His team lecturing at UEFA or the Italian FA.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Do I not like this:
That’s nothing he hasn’t said before? We all know he’s going back to Italy at some point.

We’ve probably got one, maybe two more years with RDZ and that will be it so just enjoy the ride.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
Hardly earth shattering. In fact I prefer the idea that he would want to return to Italy, some day, rather than have an ambition to move to another Premier League team.
Si, è vero.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015
That’s nothing he hasn’t said before? We all know he’s going back to Italy at some point.

We’ve probably got one, maybe two more years with RDZ and that will be it so just enjoy the ride.
It's fair enough for him to go back to Italy eventually, of course.
And I agree that it's better that he do that than move on to another Premier League club.
I just hope that by the time he goes, Brighton will have become totally established as a top club. I don't want us to do a Leicester.

kuzushi

Oct 3, 2015

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017

Pep only expected to stay at City another 2 years. I’d be quite happy to bet RDZ replaces him there

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
People forget he is a baby. What is he, 43, 44? He still has the time to manage us to our greatest period of prolonged success, manage someone like City and manage a top Serie A side long before he's into his 60s.

Oh_aye

Jul 8, 2022
Do I not like this:
That's nothing he hasn't said before. And as someone else has said it's actually quite reassuring. One or two more years with us and then off to Milan with us in good shape. Seems fair dinkum.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
if we got 2 more seasons out of him I would be thrilled.

Realistically i think it will be just 1 more. :-(

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
In the short term we know the answer - he's made it perfectly clear he wants a bigger and more experienced squad and Bloom seems to be backing him on this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here