Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Keep the Pyschos off the road

Coalburner

May 22, 2017
If the four year and ten months driving ban started after he was released from prison (and after passing another driving test), that would make some sense - but I doubt the legal system's got that much sense.
There's no point in a driving ban whilst he is in prison, when he won't be driving anyway.
I'm sure I have seen instances where the judge has stated that the driving ban will start after release from prison. It does seem odd that in this case the ban exactly matches the prison term.

el punal

If the four year and ten months driving ban started after he was released from prison (and after passing another driving test), that would make some sense - but I doubt the legal system's got that much sense.
There's no point in a driving ban whilst he is in prison, when he won't be driving anyway.
I’m sure that a driving ban starts after the jail term otherwise what’s the sodding point. No doubt someone on here will be able to enlighten us on this point.

abc

Jan 6, 2007
This an appalling and thankfully extreme case. However, road rage in its many forms appears to be getting worse. I assume this is a consequence of the roads getting busier and busier, frequent delays caused by roadworks, flooding, potholes, under investment etc which causes build up of frustration and loss of tolerance. I’m not defending road rage in any way, but as with most crimes we need to look at the causes of the problem if the problem is to be reduced.
In the meantime extreme examples like this should be treated severely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here