Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Kacper Kozłowski SINGS a four-and-a-half year deal

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
On another thread his return to Vitesse was discussed, and not in a positive way - staying in his comfort zone, etc, etc. Looks as if those criticisms had some merit. Yes, time to haul him out of there and give him half a season in the EFL; sink or swim time.
I very much mentioned this at the time (on the loan thread) and it's only getting worse. Caicedo's situation at Beerschot was much worse as Vitesse are a complete mess since the owner is Russian and the KNVB (Dutch FA) are stalling on the transfer of ownership.

I don't know any reason why we would keep him at the club unless we don't have the ability to recall him. From the start of the season it looked a poor decision but it seemed he pushed his way to going back there.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I very much mentioned this at the time (on the loan thread) and it's only getting worse. Caicedo's situation at Beerschot was much worse as Vitesse are a complete mess since the owner is Russian and the KNVB (Dutch FA) are stalling on the transfer of ownership.

I don't know any reason why we would keep him at the club unless we don't have the ability to recall him. From the start of the season it looked a poor decision but it seemed he pushed his way to going back there.
Exactly. Comfort zone.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
What did we pay for him? Was it £10m or something?

Agree with the consensus. Get him to England 1st Jan, recall permitting, get him training with the squad for a couple of weeks, to see where he's at then send him to Norwich or Bristol City or somewhere for the rest of the season.

Review in the summer, but yes, as things stand, we'll be writing off a good few quid. Hopefully there will be a marked improvement.

Stumpy Tim

What did we pay for him? Was it £10m or something?

Agree with the consensus. Get him to England 1st Jan, recall permitting, get him training with the squad for a couple of weeks, to see where he's at then send him to Norwich or Bristol City or somewhere for the rest of the season.

Review in the summer, but yes, as things stand, we'll be writing off a good few quid. Hopefully there will be a marked improvement.
I'm sure Norwich and Bristol City can't wait to get their hands on the 4th worst player in the Netherlands. Exciting for them

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I'm sure Norwich and Bristol City can't wait to get their hands on the 4th worst player in the Netherlands. Exciting for them
I'm hoping our reputation for spotting a youngster will proceed us in terms of getting this deal done.

If they both say no, I understand there is a promising young manager at Hull who plays terrific football with unproven players who we might be able to have a word with

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Other clubs then - or even League1 for half a season. If he does well, then the Championship next season (if not going to figure in our squad straightaway).

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
He's been named the 4th worst player in the Eredivisie in the first half of the season. Mentioned this in another thread but Vitesse are really poor and he really needs to be recalled ASAP so he can be put on loan to a Championship even if he doesn't like it or at least somewhere else. They are not playing good football and neither is he.

(I think anyone in Arnhem probably needs to avoid the paper this morning).

View attachment 171470

If you compare this with stats from, e.g. Sofascore, it's clearly bollocks - Van Ginkel has an average rating of 7.1 there which is not brilliant, but above average - about 70th in the league to date, from over 300 qualifying players (minimum minutes).

Stumpy Tim

Other clubs then - or even League1 for half a season. If he does well, then the Championship next season (if not going to figure in our squad straightaway).
I was being mean. It's just people seem to think real life is Championship Manager and we can simply farm out our youngsters at will. Things are rarely that simple

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I was being mean. It's just people seem to think real life is Championship Manager and we can simply farm out our youngsters at will. Things are rarely that simple
OK, but loans happen though? We've got 4 loaned out to the Champ already

Kacper has got 6 senior Poland caps and was signed for £10m. I reckon we'd find someone who would take him.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
He hasn’t been in the squad for the last two Vitesse games. Are we finding him another loan? He is probably fed up with losing every week like Moises at Beer-Shot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here